Trezor is a reliable and secure cryptocurrency wallet. However, if, on an unfortunate day, you forget your Trezor pin, the security will cause you to be locked out from your wallet interface and hence lose access to your cryptocurrency.
So, in order to regain access to your Trezor wallet, you first need to wipe the device clean and then go through the recovery process. This guide will tell you how to do just that.
How to Setup TREZOR Wallet (For First-timers)
If you are serious about the cryptocurrencies in your possession, you should keep them in a hardware wallet... Read more
Reset Your Trezor Wallet
Let’s start with wiping clean your PIN-protected Trezor device.
- Plug in your Trezor device.
- Go to the Trezor Wallet interface and locate the red color Wipe device button at the bottom.
- Click the Wipe device button on your Wallet Interface.
- Now confirm it again on your Trezor device.
Recover Your Trezor Wallet
Once the Trezor wallet is wiped clean, it’s time to recover your existing wallet and its data. To do this:
- Unplug and reconnect your Trezor device.
- On the Wallet Interface, click Recover Wallet.
- Refer to your backup, select the number of words in your recovery seed and then click Continue.
- If you’ve previously used the Passphrase feature to protect your account, check the “I used passphrase before”, else leave it unchecked. Then click Continue.
- You will be prompted on your Trezor device asking if you want to recover the device. Here, click Confirm to continue.
- By referring to your recovery seeds, enter the word required on your Trezor device on the Wallet Interface.
Once you’ve finished entering all required words, your wallet will be recovered, the page will then automatically refresh, and you will be able to reaccess your wallet.