An average US employee spends 28% of their workday on email, amounting to 13 hours per week. Combine the time you spend on both personal and business correspondence, and now you’re wasting way too much time managing your inboxes. Are there any time-saving tools that can help organize your inbox? Cue browser extensions – in particular, Chrome extensions for Gmail.
Read on for an overview of the most popular add-on apps that increase the security and efficiency of your work. But first, let’s see how you add extensions for Gmail to your Chrome browser.
Table of content
- How to add a Chrome Extension
- Gmail Extensions for Improving Security
- Gmail Extensions for Email Management
- Gmail Extensions and Add-ons for Productivity and Time Management
- Gmail Extensions for Marketers
How to Add a Chrome Extension
Many apps can be integrated with your Gmail account via Chrome. Some come only as Chrome extensions, and all of them can be found on the Chrome Web Store:
- Go to the Chrome Web Store, use the search bar to find the desired add-on, and click on it.
- Select “Add to Chrome.”
- Grant relevant permissions if you’re certain the app is from a trusted supplier and you understand what data it will collect.
Note that allowing a third-party provider into your mailbox can pose a security risk. Before installing, check descriptions, user reviews, and ratings.
If you want to be extra careful, download only verified extensions. It’s encouraging to know that Chrome has its own protections in place. Often, it will disable extensions that seem unsafe or don’t come from the official Chrome Web Store.
Best Gmail Extensions to Improve Security
You can encode your data, prevent email tracking attempts, and un-send attachments with the following apps.
FlowCrypt allows you to encode your data when you send and receive sensitive or confidential messages and files via Gmail. Encrypting your outgoing emails ensures your communication doesn’t get intercepted or altered by hackers.
- The extension uses OpenPGP encryption.
- You don’t need any prior knowledge of security protocols, so it’s easy to set up.
- It contains a digital signature feature so the recipient understands that the incoming mail is from a trusted sender.
- Best of all, it’s free to use.
PixelBlock prevents tracking attempts in your inbox. Install it and senders won’t know whether you opened and read a message – no marketing research done on you. And just a hint, your employer won’t know you ignored their email 15 minutes before the end of the workday either.
- If PixelBlock identifies and blocks a tracking attempt, you will see a red eye inside the email.
- It doesn’t require any advanced permissions and doesn’t access, store, or send any of your data to remote servers.
- It’s free to use and can be set up within seconds.
Digify is the go-to extension for sending sensitive attachments via Gmail. If you often send important files via email, Digify should be high up in your toolbox Ã¢ÂÂ especially if sending an incorrect attachment by mistake is something you should avoid at all costs. This extension may be a life-saver in that case.
- It provides file encryption and advanced safety features.
- It offers a file self-destruct timer so recipients can access it only for a restricted amount of time.
- You can trace who viewed your files, prevent downloads and printing, or revoke access after sending.
- It also allows you to add a dynamic watermark.
Best Extensions for Email Management
Explore the functionalities you can use to reply to many emails at once, add custom signatures, and ensure your writing is on point.
Grammarly for Chrome allows you to examine and correct your spelling, sentence structure, and word choice. It works with Gmail, Google Docs, LinkedIn, Twitter, and almost any other typing space.
- Suggestions appear in real-time as you type, and improvements are only a click away.
- You can get additional features, tips, and statistics if you sign up for an account.
- An icon will show up at the corner of the screen where you’re typing, and you can click on it to view the suggestions.
- The extension is free to use.
2. Batch Reply
Do you get multiple emails that you could tackle with a single answer? With Batch Reply, you can select as many emails as you’d like and reply to all of them at once.
- The extension adds a “Batch Reply” button to the top menu in Gmail.
- It will automatically add all the selected contacts to the BCC line of your email draft.
- It’s free and handy for addressing similar requests and frequently asked questions.
WiseStamp is an email signature generator with some advanced options. If you want to make your emails look more professional, you can design a fantastic email signature with this app.
- You can add social icons, useful links, and contact information.
- You can also test and see how your designs are performing by reviewing the signature analytics.
- Both free and premium plans are available.
Just as Grammarly helps you spot and correct spelling and grammar, the Just Not Sorry free plugin will warn you if you’re diluting the goals of your message. To avoid repetitions and write strong, confident messages, Just Not Sorry could be the right choice.
- It underlines the words and sentences that diminish your intentions.
- It also outlines how readers might perceive your message.
- It can also give you insight into how you portray yourself through writing.
Best Extensions and Add-ons for Productivity and Time Management
Want to integrate project management and collaboration with your inbox? See what options you can leverage to set up tasks, add notes, and organize your mailbox activity for maximum efficiency.
MeisterTask is a team cooperation tool. If you’re a MeisterTask user, the extension will sync with your Gmail account so you can integrate it with the app.
- You can organize your tasks and projects directly from your mailbox.
- The app integrates with Zendesk, Slack, GitHub, Dropbox, and Google Drive. Both free and premium versions are accessible for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows.
If you like Kanban project boards, Gmelius could be what you need. As a team management and productivity tool, it’s most beneficial for entrepreneurs and marketers.
This paid extension transforms your mailbox into a project management and cooperation tool.
- It syncs with your favorite tools, like Slack, Trello, Zoom, Google Calendar, and Google Meet, so you can operate them from your inbox.
- You can also add team members, manage progress, and monitor tasks.
- You can convert your inbox into action items, track emails, set up shared inboxes, manage campaigns and sequences, and add @mentions.
- Gmelius additionally offers email templates and automation.
10 Best Project Management Tools for Businesses
Project management is a complex process that requires extensive planning, task assignments, deadline assessments, and more. It is... Read more
Smartsheet is a collaboration app created for task and team management. If you’re looking for more functionality than Google Sheets offers, this Gmail add-on is like a spreadsheet interface on steroids.
- It will give you the ability to edit spreadsheets, add emails, and attach files to the sheets without exiting your inbox.
- It’s also good for project sharing, as you can directly import your Google contacts to Smartsheet.
- Among the more advanced features, there are Gantt charts, dependencies, and automated workflow.
Simple Gmail Notes are a straightforward way to organize your inbox. This extension also functions with Firefox and Edge, and on mobile devices.
- You can create note reminders for emails you want to revisit later; the note will appear highlighted before the email subject line.
- Adjust its length and highlight color for better readability and navigation.
- Send the note to Google Calendar as a prompt to come back to it at the right time. Notes get saved in your Google Drive.
- The app is available free of charge.
Inbox When Ready for Gmail is the ultimate add-on for preventing distractions, as it can hide your inbox until you’re ready to view it. Distractions that hinder your creative flow and adversely impact efficiency will be stopped. So if you frequently pause vital tasks to re-examine your inbox, this could be the tool for you.
- The app blocks pop-ups and locks your inbox, so you can maintain a deep focus on more important tasks.
- You can assign the lockout schedule and an inbox budget so you’re only able to view your inbox on a predefined schedule.
- The free edition adds a branding message to your email signature. The full plans exclude this prompt and begin at $4 per month.
6 Tools to Help Focus Better at Work
Everyone who works on a computer would know that it's not easy to concentrate on work the entire... Read more
RightInbox is most useful for management and sales personnel. It allows you to set email reminders, monitors open rates and clicks, set up automatic follow-ups, use and share templates, and add custom notes.
- You can create your collection of different email signatures and add them to outgoing messages. It syncs with CRM software.
- You get ten monthly emails for free.
- The plan without restrictions costs just $7.95 per month.
Best Gmail Extensions for Marketers
If you need to gather data on customers and prospects and track the success of your campaigns, check out the following Gmail extensions.
Mailbird Gmail Extension is a new feature from the email app. Their free and unlimited extension was created for anyone needing to gather real-time data on their emails.
- You can see if, when, and how many times the recipients opened your emails.
- The extension also offers analytics to review your email open rates.
Hubspot Sales is a tool for HubSpot users to streamline the process of lead generation and conversion.
- You can improve lead generation with tracking options, a CRM integration, shareable templates, and a meeting scheduler.
- The extension syncs with your Google Calendar and iOS and Android mobile apps.
- With the paid subscription, there’s an addition of automated personal outreach.
Clearbit Connect integrates the largest database of email addresses from companies around the world into a widget within Gmail.
- You can find information on senders or search for contacts within organizations for your outreach campaigns.
- You can track down almost any email address with the information you find within five seconds without exiting your mailbox.
Discoverly brings your contact’s online profiles and activity on social media and professional platforms straight to your inbox. It’s excellent for gathering customer information without needing to browse the internet and various platforms searching for social media profiles.
- You can determine how they spend their time online, what topics interest them, and their pain points.
- The app integrates information from Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter into your Gmail. You can check whether you have mutual connections on any of these platforms.
- Discoverly is free and intuitive to use, as your contacts’ details are one click away.
Managing an online mailbox takes time and effort. Luckily for Gmail users, there are a variety of apps, extensions, and add-ons to optimize email use. The extra functionalities range from simple notes to complex integrations with many productivity tools and software and even transforming the mailbox into a project management board.
Power and business users may find it worthwhile to invest in premium versions, while most people can get great functionalities from free versions. Based on your needs and personal preferences, you can create your own ultimate Gmail toolkit to keep your data safe and boost efficiency and collaboration.