10 Mechanical Keyboards Under $30
There are many mechanical keyboards in the market. But it can be difficult to choose one, especially if you are looking for a budget-friendly mechanical keyboard.
But there is no need to worry anymore because we have a list of top mechanical keyboards that are budget-friendly and will help you to type faster. We have narrowed down a list of top keyboards for under $30.
If you are looking for such a keyboard, you are at the right place. Keep reading this page until the end to know everything you need about it.
1. EDJO 87-Keys ($27.99)
EDJO 87-Keys keyboard is one of the most budget-friendly and high-quality mechanical gaming keyboards.
Made from aluminum alloy, it is stronger and more sturdy than normal keyboards.
- Style – Gaming and typing
- Total Keys – 87 keys
- Device Weight – 1.59 lbs.
- Connectivity – removable Micro USB Cable
- Device dimensions – 14 inches x 4.9 inches x 1-inches
- It has RGB lighting.
- It has Micro USB connectivity.
- It is compatible with many android systems.
- Low-quality round keycaps
- Difficult to learn
2. MK-Star MageGee ($22.99)
MK-Star MageGee is a compact keyboard with two beautiful colors. It comes with kickstand adjustable feet for a comfortable typing angle.
The keyboard has an adjustable backlit function with comfortable non-slip keycaps.
- Device dimensions – 13.9 inches x 5.1 inches x 1.4-inches
- Style – Gaming and Typing
- Total Keys – 87 keys
- Connectivity – Non-Removable Micro-USB Port
- Device Weight – Around 2.27 lbs
- It has a double-shot keycap.
- It looks aesthetic.
- It has a backlight.
- Not recommended for an office environment
- No RGB backlight
3. NPET K20 ($27.99)
This keyboard is designed for entry-level gaming players. With a uniform backlight with different RGB modes and ergonomic buttons, the keyboard features a high-performance blue switch.
With an attractive mechanical design, the keycap, as well as the keyboard, has a metallic frame that keeps them safe from scratches and scuff marks.
- Device Material – Acrylonitrile, butadiene, and metal
- Connectivity – non-removable USB 2.0
- Special feature – rainbow backlight
- Style – mechanical keyboard
- Weight – 2.14lbs.
- Device dimensions – 17.76 inches x 6.34 inches x 1.89-inches
- It has a solid build body.
- It is for casual gamers.
- It has a backlight.
- No RGB
- Not for higher-level gamers
4. Rii RK908 ($24.99)
When it comes to the best mechanical keyboards, Rii RK908 mechanical keyboard cannot be missed.
It has macro recording features in addition to sturdy keys with great tactile feedback.
There are customizable LED backlight functions and more than five shortcuts. Plus, you can also disable the windows key when gaming.
- Device material – steel
- Connectivity – wired
- Special feature – RGB lighting
- Style – mechanical keyboard
- Item weight – 2.44lbs
- Device dimensions – 15.07 inches x 7.52 inches x 1.819-inches
- Customizable RGB lighting.
- Macro recording feature.
- Offers a great typing experience
- Not suitable for office work.
5. MageGee MK-Box ($29.99)
This one is a 68-key mini keyboard with Blue Switch. It comes in some dashing color combinations and ergonomically-ideal solid keys.
Additionally, the keys are made from safe material which would not fade any print on them. The backlight can be changed with almost 15 different lighting options.
- Device Material – Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) plastic
- Connectivity – Detachable USB Type C and USB Type A
- Special feature – Customizable back light
- Style – Mechanical keyboard
- Item weight – 1.65lbs.
- Device dimensions – 12.1 inches x 3.9 inches x 1.5-inches
- Replaceable keycaps.
- Ideal for small spaces.
- Comes with a removable USB cable
- No RGB light
- Inconsistent clicks
6. E-YOOSO Wired K620 ($23.99)
It is a solid mechanical gaming board that has all standard as well as classic features.
There are a total of 87 keys in this keyboard that can be removed and replaced. The keys are responsive and give great tactile feedback.
- Device Material – Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Plastic
- Connectivity – USB
- Special feature – Velcro Cable Management Tie
- Style – Blue Backlight as well as RGB Amazing Side Lights
- Item weight – Around 1.74lbs.
- Device dimensions – 14.5 inches x 6.5 inches x 1.2-inches
- Customizable RGB lights.
- It has RGB and blue backlight
- It has a keycap puller.
- Not entirely comfortable for typing.
7. NPET K81-02 ($13.29)
NPET K81-02 TKL is a mechanical gaming keyboard with six different modes.
There are more than 20 backlight options with adjustable brightness levels. With 12 multi-media shortcuts, it will give a great gaming experience.
- Device Material – Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) plastic and metal
- Connectivity – USB wire.
- Special feature – Ideal for Gamers
- Style – It has Backlights making it easy to type in low visibility.
- Device weight – 1.96lbs.
- Device dimensions – 14.88 inches x 6.18 inches x 1.61-inches
- LED lights with adjustable brightness and color options.
- 6 custom modes.
- Comes with a keycap puller.
- Not an extensive RGB keyboard.
8. Havit KB255 ($29.99)
Havit KB255 mechanical gaming keyboard can be connected to 3 devices at the same time. If you charge it fully then the battery can last for more than 10 hours.
The USB cables of this keyboard are beaded very finely. You can use this keyboard in wired mode as well as wireless mode.
- Device material – Plastic
- Connectivity – Wireless, and Bluetooth
- Special features – Wireless, Bluetooth, and backlight
- Device weight – 1.7lbs.
- Device dimensions – 13.3 inches x 5.98 inches x 1.85-inches
- Amazing Rainbow backlight.
- A sturdy and attractive USB cable.
- Can support three devices simultaneously.
- Not an ideal RGB choice.
- Unreliable Bluetooth connectivity
9. E-Element Z-88 ($19.99)
E-Element Z-88 Mechanical Keyboard comes with programable full RGB backlighting and you can even change the color of each key independently. It offers 12 different multi-media short keys as well.
It is resistant to most of the weird and tear and is easy to use. The typing experience is great with this keyboard.
- Switch color – Outemu Blue
- Size – 81 Key
- Back Lights – RGB
- Pass-throughs – No
- Media controls – Function Key
- Wrist rest – No
- Comes with an aluminum backplate.
- Available in black & white color.
- Outer switches.
- No wrist rest
10. Kolmax Hunter RGB($29.99)
This is one of the most feature-rich mechanical gaming keyboards. It features a customizable RG backlight, side lamp effect, blue switches, and multi-media short keys.
The size and color of this keyboard are very appealing. You can accurately control the keyboard shortcuts and the light effect of this keyboard.
- Connectivity – Wired
- Number of keys – 87 keys
- Switch color – Blue Switch
- Keyboard Color – white/ black
- Weight – 1.01 kilograms
- Device Dimension – 17.56 inches x 7.01 inches x 1.89 inches
- Comes with a Gaming mouse.
- Offers customizable RGB backlit.
- It has an appealing look.
- Not suitable for official work
How to Select a Good Mechanical Keyboard?
1. Key Comfort
Mechanical keyboards are designed for comfortable presses. They improve your hand positioning while typing.
The tactile feel that you get while typing on a mechanical keyboard is simply amazing. The keys should make a clicking sound while pressing.
There is always if the keys are comfortable to type or not before buying a keyboard.
2. 100% Anti-Ghosting
Ghosting occurs when you press multiple keys simultaneously and the keyboard fails to register them. Most keyboards can register up to six keystrokes in one go.
Just make sure that you buy an anti-ghosting keyboard to avoid ghosting. You can also test your keyboard for anti-ghosting by using a keyboard tester, like keyboardtester.io. Simply go to the website, launch the tester, and press all the keys simultaneously to test anti-ghosting.
3. Size of Keyboard
Keyboard size is one of the most crucial factors when buying a keyboard. A keyboard should neither be too small nor too big to handle.
Keep in mind the size of your hand while buying the keyboard. Always take a test run by placing both hands on the keyboard and see if you can work on all the keys properly.
Frequently Ask Questions
1. What is the best keyboard for under 30 dollars?
Kolmax Gaming, Rii RK100+, and WisFox Rainbow are some of the great ones under the 30 dollars budget.
2. What is the best 100% mechanical keyboard?
When it comes to 100% mechanical keyboards, you can choose from Keychron Q1, Keychron K8 Pro, or Akko 3098 B/N.
3. What is the best budget for a Mechanical 60% keyboard?
Ducky One 2 mini, HyperX Alloy Origins 60, and Logitech MX Keys mini are the best choice when it comes to budgeted 60% mechanical keyboards.
4. Is 60% or 65% keyboard better?
65% keyboard is considered better because it has additional keys. However, it depends on the personal choice of the user.