We take thousands of pictures of people, places, and things and most often share them with others. But not every click is perfect, and you often need to improve your photos.
If you don’t have the time and resources to run your photos through professional photo editing software, then a free online photo editor would work the best for your everyday photo editing and enhancing needs.
In this post, we are presenting some of the best free online photo editors. The tools have basic to advanced photo editing and enhancing features as well as some additional useful features.
So go through the details of each tool in the following to see which one suits you best.
10 Free Photo Management Desktop Apps
Photo managers allow you to organize your life in photo albums and take care of your digital memories... Read more
Canva Photo Editor is a great tool to add photo filters quickly. Upload or drop your photo to the editor, then choose one of more than a dozen beautiful filter effects. Basic editing tools such as adjusting the color, flipping, and cropping are also included.
- Remix photos in a few simple steps.
- Advanced color adjustment and auto-enhancement features.
- A library of professionally-made customizable templates.
Fotor is a tool to edit your photos, and it comes with basic editing features (crop, rotate, adjust color, etc.), on top of the ability to add effects such as lomo and vintage to beautify your photos.
You also can create a collage with various templates. Also, you can quickly pick a layout in the right size (e.g., Facebook covers) for use on social media.
- All the basic editing features.
- Create artistic collage.
- An array of pre-made designs like posters, banners, ads, and social media posts.
Colorcinch is a feature-rich photo and text editor that lets you add creative effects to dull pictures and make their colors pop. The hand-picked creative assets, AI-powered effects, and filters allow you to craft beautiful artwork from ordinary photos. You can change the background, replace color, compress, crop, resize, and enhance your photos with just a few clicks, as the tool comes with a simple and intuitive interface.
With Colorcinch, you can create customized graphics for your blog and social media posts in a breeze. You can also create stunning digital artwork with its NFT maker tool.
- Customizable artistic effects -turn your photos into cartoons, sketches, paintings, digital arts
- Vast library of masks & overlays, stock images, vector graphics & icon sets
- User-friendly interface
- You can access your projects online and offline
Picmonkey provides basic editing of your photos, touch-ups, and the ability to create a design for social network use. There is also the feature to create collages. You can upload a photo from your computer, Facebook, Flickr or from cloud storage like Dropbox and OneDrive.
- Customizable filters and photo effects.
- One-click background eraser.
- Smart resizing tool that resizes your photos according to any social media app.
Befunky is an image editing tool with the essentials plus the ability to add filter effects and artsy features like cartoonize, impressionist, pointilism, watercolor, and others. You can also add frames, graphics, overlays, text, or texture to enhance your photos.
- Simple and clean editor.
- Variety of advanced features like touch-up tools, effects, overlays, and textures.
- Quick guide and tips with each tool to help you use it to its full potential.
Polarr is the ideal photo editor for bloggers, students, and photo professionals alike. Polarr lets you batch export your photos, add a watermark, and work with keyboard shortcuts.
There is also a Polarr Photo Editor available on the Chrome Store, which lets you edit your photos while on the Chrome browser as long as you enable WebGL 2D acceleration on your Chrome.
- Advanced filters and image adjustment features.
- Export saved photos to Facebook, Dropbox, Google Drive, and more.
- Helpful tutorials to guide you through the photo enhancement process.
Editor is a simple tool to edit your photos online. It has common tools for editing, such as crop, rotates, adjusting the color, exposure, and sharpening. Some filter effects, frames, stickers, and textures are also included in this tool to enhance your photos.
- Intuitive interface with all the basic features.
- Add texture, stickers, text, and photo effects.
- Save the edited photos in computer and cloud service or share on social media.
Fotostar provides basic tools for editing photos (crop, resize, rotate) and lets you add stylish photo filters and effects. There are over 50 unique photo effects and 30+ frames you can apply to the photos. When you are done editing, you can download photos in any quality range you want.
- An array of color correction tools.
- Add from 50+ photo effects and filters.
- Complete privacy of the edited images.
Photo Editor SDK is a free tool with a simple, intuitive interface. This tool features over 40 hand-crafted and non-destructive filter effects, image cropping, color setting such as contrast, saturation & brightness, as well as two special effects: Radial Blur and Tilt-Shift.
- Customize the UI for enhanced photo editing experience.
- Configurable preset for filters, adjustments, fonts, and crop ratios.
- 40+ hand-crafted filters and effects.
Adobe Spark is a browser-based free photo editor with some of the most useful features for quick photo editing. It is pretty simple to use, and anyone without pre-knowledge of photo editing and designing can easily maneuver their way into amazing photos.
Some of its best features include photo animation that allows you to transform any image into an animated design and bring it to life, animated text effects that make simple text look interesting by adding professional text animations, and creating a photo collage using any of the cool templates available.
As for more basic photo editing, you can crop, resize, and add your logo or branding to the images. You can also remove unwanted backgrounds and apply a different background from an assortment of templates available in the tool.
- Transform your photos into animated designs.
- Add animated text effects to your images.
- Create a stunning photo collage from scratch or use one of the many templates.
Pixlr Editor allows you to edit images with features much like those you can find in Photoshop. The lasso tool, smudge tool, blurring tool, clone stamp, and more are all there. If you’re looking for a Photoshop alternative, this is the best bet for you.
Bonus: A few more…
Photofy lets you import images to edit from Facebook, Dropbox, Google, Instagram, or from your PC. Besides basic editing features, Photofy comes with a bunch of artwork collections and typography with dozens of beautiful font faces. This editor also has keyboard shortcuts for quick access to these features.
Online Image Editor has everything you need for your quick photo editing needs. You can use it on any device as it offers simple and easy photo editing features for your professional as well as everyday needs.
It works with all major formats like PNG, JPG/JPEG, BMP (Bitmap), or animated GIF. There are many basic editing features like cutting, resizing, cropping and merging as well as some advanced ones like a transparency tool that turns the background of your image transparent.
Additionally, you can upload your own fonts in the editor and use them on any photo and use an array of image filters and animated masks to make your images more eye-catching.
Lunapic is a simple photo editor with a basic feature, but it is perfect if anyone wants a quick retouch of their photos. Being completely online, you donÃ¢ÂÂt have to log in or sign up, just upload your image in any of the popular formats and start editing.
It offers basic editing features like crop, cut, paste, blend, add text, resize, etc., as well as adding simple effects, artistic effects, filters, and borders to your photos. You can also use some cool pre-made animations and add them to your images.