Instagram is an incredibly popular photo-sharing app where users can upload and share their pictures with friends and family members. However, in recent years, Instagram has also introduced Instagram Reels, allowing users to create videos and short clips that they can share on the app.
These videos and images are often called Instagram Reels since they are usually presented as a series of photos or videos placed together in one video or image file.
It is fun to scroll through your feed and watch all the creative content people post. But what if you want to download and save someone’s Reel so you can watch it later or share it with your friends? Or, what if you’re going to use someone’s Reel as inspiration for your own content?
For both reasons (and more), you might wonder how to download Instagram Reels. Luckily, there are a few different ways that you can do this.
In this article, we will show you various methods that you can use to download Instagram Reels.
1. Download with 3rd-party Apps
Simplest and quickest way to download Instagram Reels is through a 3rd-party app. Here are some recommendations of apps to achieve this on each platform.
- Download and install the Video Downloader for Instagram app.
- Open the Instagram account that posted the Reel you want to save and look for the Reel you want to download.
- Once you have opened it, tap on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click Copy Link from the menu that appears.
- Now, go back to the app and paste the URL in the top search bar.
- Tap Download and wait for the process to finish.
The Reel will now be saved on your phone.
- Download and install InSaver app on your iPhone.
- Search for the Instagram account with the Reel you want to download and open the Reel.
- Now, tap on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click Copy Link from the menu that appears.
- Now, go back to the app and paste the URL in the search area.
- Tap Download and wait for the process to finish, and the Reel will be saved on your phone.
2. Download on Web Browser
It is also possible to download Instagram Reels right on your browser, and since it works on the browser, it can be done on either a PC, tablet, or smartphone.
- Open the browser of your choice, go to instagram.com and sign in.
- Find the Reel that you want to download, and click on the triple-dot icon located in the top-right corner of the video.
- From the drop-down menu, select Copy Link.
- Open a new tab in your browser and go to savefrom.net. Paste the link you just copied into the bar at the top of the page and hit the Download button.
- Beneath the video link, you will see a list of formats in which you can download the video. Pick any format and click on the Download button.
- The download process will begin automatically.
3. Download via Screen Recording
Sreen recording while playing the Instagram Reel is yet another technique to download the video.
You can either use a native built-in screen recorder or install a third-party Android screen recording app.
To do that open the screen recorder tool that you want to use, then launch Instagram and start playing the video that you want to save on your device. After finishing, the tap stops so that it gets saved at its current position and doesn’t continue playing when it finishes downloading.
- Open the Settings app, scroll down to the Control Center.
- In the Customize Controls, look for Screen Recording, tap on the green plus button next to add it to your Control Center.
- Open up Instagram app, play the video you wish to download, and swipe up from the bottom of your screen to bring up the Control Center, tap the Screen Recording button to start recording your screen.
- The video will keep recording until you stop it, so make sure to tap on the red bar at the top of your screen to stop recording once the video is finished downloading.
4. Download via Stories
Downloading Instagram Reels with Stories is a simple yet handy hack that does not involve any additional app or tool usage.
- Play the Instagram Reels video and select the Send/Receive icon.
- Choose Add Reel to your Story.
- A preview screen will be displayed. Here, click the Save button at the top. That’s all. The video will be kept in the photo gallery on your phone.
5. Bookmark Instagram Reels
You can download Instagram Reels by bookmarking them. You can do this by simply going to the video you want to download and tapping on the Bookmark button in the bottom-right corner.
The video will then be saved to your “Saved” folder, which you can access by tapping on the Profile tab and then selecting Saved.
From there, you can share the video or post it wherever you want.
So there you have it. There are many ways to download your favorite Instagram Reels. If you do some digging, I’m sure you’ll find even more methods that didn’t make my list.
The key is to find one or two of these methods that work for you and your needs, then stick with it. This way, when that big Reel comes out a week before it drops on IG, you can watch what everyone is talking about instead of rushing to download each version and then having no idea which one was right.