There are times when you really like a video on Instagram and want to save the video to your collection, but there is no mechanism to do so. However, there are certain ways to download Instagram videos, but for that, you might have to struggle a bit.
So in this tutorial I’ll show you multiple methods to download Instagram videos on your PC, Android, and iOS devices.
Warning: It’s illegal to download Instagram videos in order to alter or share them as your own. You can only download videos for personal use. If you violate copyrights, we will not be responsible for any actions taken against you.
How to Download Instagram Reels (5 Ways)
Instagram is an incredibly popular photo-sharing app where users can upload and share their pictures with friends and... Read more
How to download Instagram videos on PC
You can download Instagram videos right from your Windows or macOS PC. Here are some recommended tools, together with step-by-step walkthroughs on how to do it.
Method 1: Download with VideoHunter
To download Instagram videos, you can try using VideoHunter. It is a stable and high-quality video downloader. In this way, Its concise and user-friendly interface will turn you into an expert in video downloading in no time.
Again, you should not be downloading and distributing videos you have no permission to.
Here’s how to use VideoHunter:
- Copy the URL of your favorite Instagram video and paste it to the input box of VideoHunter.
- Click “Analyze” and it will provide multiple choices of output formats for your option.
- Choose the output format you prefer and click “Download”. Its batch download feature is definitely worth a try, which will save you tons of time.
Note: It also supports to click the drop-down icon beside “Download” and choose “audio” to save audio only.
Method 2: Download with VideoProc Converter’s Downloader
Here’s another tool that allows you to download Instagram videos by VideoProc Converter. But it does not advocate downloading movies and music with copyrights from YouTube or other platforms for commercial use.
Upon installation of the app, follow these steps:
- Click the Downloader Icon.
- On the next page, click the “Add Video” icon.
- Go to Instagram.com, go to the video you’d like to download, right-click on the 3-dots and select “Copy link”. We will simply use a CNN.com video for demonstration.
- Paste the link back into VideoProc and click “Analyze”.
- Lastly, click “Download Now” to download your video.
Method 3: Download from the source code
This is the manual way, or rather, getting it straight from the codes. You can inspect the source codes of the video page and extract the download link from there.
Here’s how you do it:
- Open the video that you want to download.
- Right-click on it and select Inspect element. Depending on your browser the name could be different, like View page source.
- Now press Ctrl + F keys to open Find option and type “.mp4” in it.
- The search will open up a section of code. Here, copy the link next to src= (the link ends with .mp4).
- Just paste this link in a new tab and the video will start playing. You can then right-click and select Save video as… to download the video.
Method 4: Use HitPaw Video Converter
While the app’s name states that it is a video converter, HitPaw’s video converter comes with a download function that allows you to download videos too.
Here’s how you can make use of this app to download Instagram videos.
- Open the app after download and installation, then click on the Download tab.
- Login to Instagram.com, click for the 3-dots on the top right of the video post, then select Copy link.
- Back on the app, click Paste URL, paste in the URL you copied earlier, and click Download.
- Select MP4, then click Download to initiate downloading of the video.
- Check the “Save to” path to locate your downloaded video.
Method 5: Download with EaseUS Video Downloader
If any of the above app fails, try this app by EaseUS – the EaseUS Video Downloader . This desktop app has an easy-to-use UI, making downloading videos seem like a walk in the park.
This app is free to use (or you can purchase to unlock all its features); it supports both macOS and Windows.
To download videos with EaseUS, see the following walkthrough:
- After downloading and installing the app, launch it.
- Click Downloader located on the left sidebar.
- Click Add URLs.
- Over at Instagram, click on the 3-dots of the video you want to download, then click Copy link.
- Back at EaseUS Video Downloader, paste the link, then click Confirm.
- Analzying of the video will then begin.
- Click Download to initiate download. You can also customize the location of the saved video on this screen.
- Click on the “Finished” tab to locate your downloaded video.
Method 6: Download via an online tool
If you just want to do a quick download without installing any apps, do check out this free online tool as well.
In my experience, it is a bit more intuitive than others and adds a few extra features that you may find interesting.
Here’s how to use it:
- Open the Instagram video that you want to download and copy its URL.
- Now open DownloadVideosFrom and paste the URL into the text field.
- Below, click on Download MP4 to convert and download the video.
There are also options to download MP3 (only audio of videos) or Instagram photos.
How to download Instagram videos on Android
On Android, the videos are automatically downloaded as soon as you view them; you just need to find where they are saved. Alternatively, you can use a third-party app to download videos without having to view them first. Let’s check both the methods:
Method 1: Get Instagram videos from the app cache
To make this work, first, go and watch the video that you want to download. Whatever part you will watch will be downloaded. Therefore, make sure you watch the whole video if you want the complete video.
Next, open your phone’s File manager and go to Android > data > com.instagram.android > cache > videos. Here you’ll find all the videos you have viewed, and they will have .clean extension. You can tap on them and select Video option to play them.
If you want to convert them to an audio format, then simply rename them and change .clean extension to .mp4.
Note: All these videos are saved as cache. If the phone cache is deleted, then these videos will be deleted as well. If you want to keep a video permanently, then you should move it to a different location.
Method 2: Download video via third-party app
If you want a more reliable method that won’t force you to view each video, then a third-party app will do. I recommend Android app, it’s free and the ads are not too annoying. Let’s see how to use it:
- In the Instagram app, open up the video you want to download and tap on the menu at the top-right corner (the three vertical dots).
- Now tap on Copy link.
- Afterward, open up the Video Downloader for Instagram and tap on the Paste button.
The link will be pasted, and the video will be automatically downloaded and saved in the gallery.
How to download Instagram videos on iOS
The options are very limited when it comes to iOS, but I know a good repost app that also downloads Instagram photos and videos. Regrammer is a completely free app (ad-supported) that will help you download any video from Instagram to your iOS device.
Its usage is the same as Video Downloader for Instagram. Simply copy the video’s URL from Instagram and paste it into the Regrammer app. Afterward, tap on Preview to open and download it. The video will be automatically saved in the camera roll, and you’ll see options to repost it.
I believe using a third-party is a much easier way to download Instagram videos. All you need to do is copy/paste the link to get your video. Although manual methods can also work well in certain situations. For example, if you want to download videos from your history of viewed videos, then the manual Android phone method is a great option.
Upload Photos to Instagram from Browser
Posting a photo on your Instagram account using your mobile device will no longer require the Instagram app... Read more