Designers: 20 Tumblr Blogs To Follow For Inspiration
Tumblr is great social service that allows you to create your own blog, customize it, and fill it with your content in no time. Moreover, Tumblr lets you share the artworks and images that you like. Lots of people around the globe appreciate it for its user-friendly and elegant design.
It is also a great place to find great design ideas and inspiration for new creative ones. In this post is a list of 20 of the most inspiring Tumblr blogs for designers. Here you’ll find blogs covering graphic design, art, illustration, technology, typography, photography, and more.
Recommended Reading: Showcase of Beautiful Designers Websites
We hope you will be able to find one that will push you to innovate and create more beautiful masterpieces. Name your favorites in the comments section!
1. Curioos. This awesome Tumblr blog consists a collection of digital artworks from the designers all around the globe. Graphic design and illustration lovers will find tons of inspiration here.
2. EatSleepDraw. Drawing from the book “Eat, Pray, Love”, you as a designer should practice “Eat, Sleep, Draw”, right? It’s a magic online-gallery that brings you lots of artwork every week. The updates come hourly, so you definitely will not be bored.
3. Inspire Me Now. This blog is run by an experienced designer Szymon Blaszczyk. It was started back in 2007 and in all these years Inspire Me Now has accumulated tons of inspiring stuff here.
4. Gather. Gather is a blog by Georg Petschnigg. He is a co-founder of New York and Seattle-based FiftyThree company that develops tools for mobiles. His design background includes interaction and product design.
6. Designgram. Designgram is an incredible Tumblr blog that re-posts everything from Instagram tagged design, advertising, graphic design, and typography, hoping to give a worldly view to what people perceive as design.
7. Charlotte Audrey Owen-Meehan. If you have a love for color, Charlotte Audrey Owen-Meehan is a great source for popping inspiration. Thanks to the talent of the blog owner in finding the brightest of inspiration, once you open Charlotte Audrey Owen-Meehan you are instantly transported to summer.
8. Nae-Design. Nae-Design is an award-winning studio based in Sydney. It provides social media, graphic and website design solutions. The blog is updated daily.
9. Short Inspiration. Founded in 2012, Short Inspiration is a blog about graphic design. The most badass kind. Get excited!
10. Daily showturation. Daily showturation is focused on maintaining a high level of great design inspiration to share around the world.
11. Gouache Collective. The Gouache Collective collects the art of the new generation from illustrators, students, and artists who use gouache. This blog is curated by Russell Rabanal and Sarah Stovolosky.
12. The Made Shop. The Made Shop is a great blog curated by a great group of designers. All the images here are divided into three categories: objects, architecture, and graphic design. Everything ranging from branding to website designs, you’ll find here.
13. Typostrate. The greatest typography from all over the web space is collected here. This is a blog about type and what you can do with it. It shows you passion and power of typography.
14. LeftyLens. LeftyLens is the Tumblr blog curated by Rei Mooney, a Hawaiian photographer. This blog features a selection of her photos, offering a snapshot into the life of a professional photographer.
15. Baunau. Here you’ll find inspiration for everything including gifts, design, photography and much more. The founder of this blog is Sebastian Andaur, who loves colors and works as a freelance designer.
16. Wallpaper. Wallpaper is an architecture, design, fashion, art and lifestyle magazine. Here’s a selection of images that inspire, entertain and will spark your interest.
17. Design:Related Gallery. Design:Related Gallery blog is run by the team behind Design: Related community.
18. We Love Illustration. The main goal of this Tumblr blog is to inspire and to motivate the art lovers from around the globe, in accordance with the title.
19. Beautiful Type. This Tumblr blog was created by two designers that share the same passion for typography, thus it’s all about typography here.
20. Quirksville. Quirksville is a Tumblr blog by duo Naomi Ray and Justina Bailey that features visually creative graphic design and illustration. There are a huge number of images regarding technology, design, art, and fashion.
Which Tumblr blog do you like most and why? Let us know of more great Tumblr blogs for inspiration.
Author: Nancy Young
Nancy is a passionate freelance writer and blogger. She writes tons of inspirational articles on photography and web design, despite the fact that she is an economist by education. She enjoys reading, learning SEO and also losing her mind to French movies.