There are many times when we like a video or audio on the Internet and want to download it to share with friends or use in some project. However, most of the online video downloaders cut a sorry figure in terms of quality or supported formats.
Also, sometimes when you have to compress 4K and HD videos – for instance, to post them on social media – there isn’t any reliable tool that doesn’t compromise the quality of the video.
But what if I tell you that there is a way you can download any type of video from the internet in perfect quality and format AND compress your videos in an effective way? Well, all of this and much more is possible with the help of VideoProc Converter.
What is VideoProc Converter?
Rightfully dubbed as a one-stop video processor tool, VideoProc has some of the most interesting features. It enables you to download any video or audio from the internet and resize large 4K/HDR videos/ audios at fully accelerated speed.
Not just that, you can edit, modify and convert your videos and audio plus do any type of screen recording right through the same tool – that too, with full GPU acceleration.
So, in this post, I am going to give a brief introduction to the VideoProc tool and will also guide you through the process of downloading and compressing videos using the same tool. Let’s take a look.
10 Sites to Download Free High Quality Stock Videos
As designers use stock photos and images to spice up their designs, videographers can now do the same... Read more
VideoProc is a versatile video processing tool that offers a myriad of video downloading, editing, and conversion features. From HD/4K and UHD/8K videos to DVDs, you can process videos of any resolution without affecting their quality.
However, the feature that makes VideoProc stand out from the rest is the hardware acceleration. The tool actually peaks level-3 hardware acceleration utilizing the power of GPUs to offer unmatched speed, ideal file size, and the highest video quality. And it does so with the lowest CPU usage it can manage.
If we talk about the versatility of this software, VideoProc offers comprehensive video processing feature including:
- Download any video or audio (single or in bulk) from 1000+ sources, including social media, and save them in 4K, 8K, or 1080p and different formats.
- Record your computer's screen or the webcam and edit them anyway you like.
- Edit or polish up your videos/ audio taken from any device. From basic editing like crop, merge, or cut to advanced editing like video stabilization and fisheye correction etc.
- High-speed compression that lets you reduce the size of any video/audio by 90% with only some pixel-level difference in the quality.
- Convert any audio/ video to an array of file types or formats without any loss of quality.
Well, this was just a sweeping glance at VideoProc’s many features. In the following, I will walk you through the process of using VideoProc software for downloading and compressing your videos as well as a detailed look at other features.
Video Download and Compression
Though VideoProc has a number of video processing features to offer, however, what I mostly use it for is to download and compress videos to be posted on social media or to be used in a project. Let’s take a look at the steps involved in both processes.
Before we get into the process, you need to install the VideoProc software on your computer. It is available for both macOS and Windows PC and the installation process is downright simple.
How to Download 4K Videos with VideoProc
You watched a cool video on a website that you’d want to share with your friends or there’s some music track available online that you’d like to use in your project.
In such cases, you can use VideoProc to download any video or audio and even mass download entire playlists in a jiffy.
With the VideoProc built-in downloader, you can save videos in 1080p, 4K, or 8K resolution and in an array of formats. There are 1000+ supported sites you can download from, including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Dailymotion, and SoundCloud among many others. You can even download video streams and live videos easily.
Additionally, there’s no limit on the number and size of videos or music files that you can download with VideoProc. Plus, you can use proxy servers to download video anywhere.
Now, once you have the VideoProc software installed in your computer, here’s how you can download online videos and audio.
- Launch the VideoProc tool and click on Downloader from the options that appear.
- Click the +Add Video button from the top menu.
- Copy the URL of the video that you want to download and click the Paste & Analyze button.
- Once the analysis is done, you will see many different resolutions and format options along with their respective sizes. You can select any of these options according to your preference.
- When your required format and resolution is selected, click Done.
- Now in the next window click on the Download Now button and your video/audio will be downloaded in the output folder that you’ve selected. Here, you can also preview the video being downloaded.
How to Compress 4K/HD Videos with VideoProc
4K/HD is a great format for crisp and sharp videos, but at the same time 4K videos are really large. So when you have to send a 4K video via email or WhatsApp or post an HD video on social media, you need the reliability and speed of VideoProc’s video compression feature.
VideoProc’s video compressor utilizes full GPU acceleration speed to compress large sized videos into smaller ones while keeping a balance between size and quality.
The tool is capable of fully exerting Intel, Nvidia, AMD GPU acceleration enabling the user to convert, resize, and scale down 4K videos at an amazing speed.
You can compress any type of video format and reduce them by 90% of their original size – and you won’t even feel any difference in the quality. Also, there are more than 420 output presets suitable for all the popular social media sites and messaging services.
What’s more interesting is that VideoProc offers 6 different ways to compress the videos in terms of format/coded, resolution, ratio, and other aspects. And there’s a built-in output size predictor feature that allows you to have an estimate of the output size before you start the compression.
So, for those looking to compress HD videos through VideoProc, here is a video guide that you can look into. Additionally, I am going to mention all 6 ways to do it in a step-by-step process. Let’s take a look.
1. Compress 4K to 1080p/2K
If you want to compress 4K large video to play on a mobile device or on a 1080p TV, you can take the following steps through VideoProc software:
- Launch VideoProc and go to Video.
- Drag-and-drop your 4K video or import through +Video button.
- Click on the Options button to see the format and other technical information about your video.
- On the Format tab click the drop-down menu beside Resolution and choose 1920×1080 or 2560×1080 as per your requirement.
- Once you select the resolution, click Done and then click Run to start the compression.
Here’s a video guide:
2. Re-encode video
Compressing 4K videos to 2K does reduce the size but it also affects the quality of your video. If you don’t want to compress your video quality then VideoProc gives you an option to re-encode your video to get a good balance between file size and quality. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch VideoProc, go to Video and import/drag-and-drop your 4K video through +Video button.
- Go to Target Format and select the output format from the available options. If you want to compress your video for posting online select Target Web Channel. Similarly, for compressing video to be sent via email select MP4 HEVC.
- (optional) For faster video compression, you can select Hardware Acceleration Engine.
- Once done, click on Run to finish the compression.
3. Cut off unwanted parts
Many times, videos are bulky because they have a lot of extra footage. So, in such a case, you can cut off unwanted parts. This method reduces the size while keeping the original quality to 100%. To do this:
- Launch VideoProc and go to Video. Import or drag and drop your video through +Video button.
- Once you select a format through Option, click Cut.
- In the resulting window, you can drag the green pointer to bring to the clip that you want to cut and then click +Cut button to remove this part.
- Lastly, click Run to process the video.
4. Split into small parts
If you have a large video at hand and you don’t want to remove any of its parts, then you can use VideoProc to split it into smaller parts. Here’s how you can do it:
- Launch VideoProc and go to Video. Here, you can drag and drop your video or import it through +Video button.
- After selecting the desired format, click on the Toolbox tab at the bottom and then select Split.
- Here you can specify the segments that you want to split and once finished, click Done.
- Finally, click Run to process the video.
5. Crop video
You can reduce the large video size by cropping the boundary, watermark, or the black bar in VideoCrop. To crop videos, you can:
- After launching VideoProc, go to Video and import your 4K video through the +Video button or simply drag-and-drop your video.
- After selecting the format through Options, click Crop.
- In the crop window click on Enable Crop to crop out the required area and then click Done.
- Finally, click Run to process the video.
6. Remove audio
You can reduce the video’s size by removing the audio (if audio is not required). This way you can also turn your video into a GIF. Here’s how to do it:
- Open VideoProc, go to Video and drag-and-drop or import your video through +Video button.
- Go to Target Format, and then in the Toolbox go to GIF.
- In the GIF window, you can adjust the image size and duration as well as the loop pattern and then click Done.
- Once done, click Run to process the video
More VideoProc Features
So far, I’ve talked about VideoProc’s video downloading and compression features. But as I’ve mentioned before, the software is pretty versatile and offers many more video processing features like video editing, screen recording, and video conversion.
1. Screen Recording
Screen recording is essential for working with virtual teams and creating effective tutorials. VideoProc has a built-in screen recorder that allows you to capture your screen in great quality and for any duration and on any device – Windows, mac, Android, or iOS.
VideoProc screen recorder offers three recording modes – full or partial screen recording, webcam recording, and/or screen and webcam recording in picture-in-picture mode. Also, aided by GPU acceleration, you can capture HD and UHD videos without putting much strain on your CPU.
With the VideoProc screen recorder, you can capture live streams, virtual meetings, Skype calls, presentations, gameplays, demos and just about anything you want to record.
You can also record microphone and system audio at the same time, create real-time drawings (arrows, annotations, outline, and notes etc.), and even apply green screen or Chroma effect to remove webcam background. You can also save your recordings in various formats like MP4, FLV, MOV, MKV, TS and many more.
2. Video Editing
Though there are many video editing software available online, however, when you’re getting a feature-rich video editor right in the VideoProc software, then why not put it to use.
VideoProc video editing tool enables you to polish your videos using some simple editing features like cut, crop, merge, and adding video effects or using advanced editing tools like video stabilization, adding watermark, making MKV, fixing fisheye, removing background noise, turning your video clips into GIFs, and a lot more.
Also, it doesn’t matter which device is used for shooting your video – be it a mobile device, action cam like GoPro, drone camera, camcorder, or DSLR, you can customize or edit videos by using the many features that VideoProc offers.
3. Video Conversion
Videographers and video editors often have to convert videos from one format to another. The video conversion process is usually quite a hassle, but using a reliable tool like VideoProc can take all the fuss out of this.
VideoProc lets you convert any video, audio, or DVD into any of the 420+ formats. You can use the VideoProc built-in downloader to download YouTube videos or any video/audio files from 1000+ sources online and then convert or tweak video parameters as per your requirements.
With an intuitive interface, you’ll find it pretty simple to convert your videos/ audios into any format (from most popular to rare ones) without affecting the quality. Additionally, as VideoProc supports full hardware acceleration with low CPU usage, the conversion process is 47 times faster than other video converters available in the market.
At the time of writing, VideoProc has a user base of 3 million users from all over the world and the number is still growing. And the main reason for this popularity is that VideoProc offers versatile solutions for video processing all under one tool.
As for the price, VideoProc offers different pricing packages for users, including 1 year licence in $29.95 (for 1 computer), lifetime license in $37.95 (1 computer), and a family license for $57.95 (up to 5 computers). You’ll get a free upgrade in all the packages plus a 30-day worry-free money-back guarantee.
If you are intrigued by all the interesting features of VideoProc I’ve mentioned here and want to experience the software first-hand before making the purchase decision, then you can opt for a free trial and test the features yourself.