More and more people are using mobile devices to process digital documents since they always seem to have their smartphone and tablet on them all the time. However, having many different file formats means requiring a lot of different apps to open these documents.
If we can bank on just one file format, however, PDF is probably the best choice as it is a stable file format that allows you to read text and images as they are.
There are already plenty of apps you can use to view PDF on your mobile devices but what about converting these files into PDF on the device itself? Well, that’s what this post is for! Check out these 10 free apps to convert PDF on your smartphone or tablet, be it iOS or Android. If you have more, do share them with us in the comments section.
Recommended Reading: Mastering PDF: 80 Free Tools, Tips And Resources
Able2Extract PDF Converter is a free cross-platform app which allows you to create PDF documents from MS Office documents. It also lets you convert PDF documents to PowerPoint, Word, and Excel in just two simple taps. Converted files can be stored on your local phone storage so you can easily use or share them via other apps.
Convert most of your files on your smartphone and tablet with this app. The conversion will be done in a secure Cloud and converted files can be downloaded back to the app. Supported file formats include video, documents, audio, ebooks, images and archives, and over 100 source formats are supported.
To PDF is a free iPad app that convert iWorks and MS Office documents, web pages, emails, images, contacts, SMS, clipboard content and even Dropbox content to PDF format. Besides that you can also use its extra features to annotate, organize and share PDF files.
iFiles Converter Lite lets you convert documents to PDF right on your iPhone. You can easily import files from online storage like Dropbox, Google Drive or other cloud storage applications. Supported file formats include MS Office documents, iWorks documents, HTML pages, pictures and text files.
DocAS Lite is an all-in-one PDF app which allows you to read, convert, annotate and manage PDF documents right on your iPad. It has a built-in PDF converter that converts MS Office documents, iWorks document, HTML and text format to PDF.
Here’s one that turns your hard copy into PDF. Doc Scan turns your hard copy documents into PDF format with your iPhone or iPad. Simply take a picture of your hard copy documents, scan it with the app, and convert the image into a high-resolution PDF on the fly.
DocToPDF is an Android app that converts doc, docx, xls, xlsx, rtf and txt file formats to PDF. You can then share the converted PDF documents via email or bluetooth. There’s also a built-in PDF viewer that lets you to view and check the converted PDF file.
Want to convert MS Office documents on your Android phone? Try Office Converter. It converts Word, Excel and PowerPoint file formats to PDF documents. However, conversion will be done online so an Internet connection is required. You can also add password protection to your converted PDF files.
Web to PDF is an add-on for the Dolphin browser that allows users to convert a webpage to PDF file, view or share it anytime.
PDF Converter is a lightweight app that converts any document into a PDF file. Conversion is done on a server and converted PDF documents will be saved on your SD Card storage in the “Download” folder.
- URL to PDF – URL to PDF app converts a webpage to PDF file easily. All you need to do is just copy the URL and paste into the app. [iOS]
- PDF2Office – PDF2Office converts PDF documents to Text files and makes them editable on the iPad. [iOS]
- Excel to PDF Converter – Convert all your Excel files to high-res PDF format easily with Excel to PDF Converter. [Android]
- Doc to PDF Converter – Doc to PDF Converter supports .doc and .jpg format to convert into PDF format. [Android]
- Open Office to PDF Converter – Want to convert OpenOffice file formats into high-quality PDF format? Try this app. [Android]
- Mobile Doc Scanner – MDScan scans your documents and transform them into PDF format, right with your Android phone. [Android]
- Text to PDF Converter – This app is specifically made to convert Text files to PDF format in offline mode. [Android]
- Word To PDF – This apps converts .doc, .docx, .odt, .ott and .rtf to PDF. [Android]