15 facts on global Internet usage
Do you know which population surfed Internet the most? How many % of the world’s population come online everyday? How many countries still do not have Internet connection?
Here are some interesting figure facts for you geeks who want to know more about the Internet usage. Full list after jump.
- 35.6% of internet users are Asian.
- With average of 389 million of internet surfers each month, Asia is the largest internet crowd among other world regions.
- In Afirca, 3 out of 100 surf the Internet.
- In Asia, 10 out of 100 surf the Internet.
- In Europe, 38 out of 100 surf the Internet.
- In Middle East, 10 out of 100 surf the Internet.
- In North America, 70 out of 100 surf the Internet.
- In Latin America, 16 out of 100 surf the Internet.
- In Australia, 53 out of 100 surf the Internet.
- Only 16.6% of world population surf the internet.
- 1 billion users around the globe are surfing the Internet every month.
- Amount of internet surfers in Asia (389,392,28 mil) is 11 times the population of Australia (34,468,443 mil).
- 19% of internet users are from United States (210,080,067 mil).
- Around 18 countries still doesn’t have Internet connection.
- North Korea’s internet penetration statistics is not publicized.
Statistics gathered from InternetWorldStats.
This post is published by a Hongkiat.com staff (editors, interns, sometimes Hongkiat Lim himself) or a guest contributor.