Have you ever seen an eye-catching boot animation on a friend’s Android device or online? Customizing your own boot animation is easier than you think. In this guide, we’ll walk you through two simple methods to personalize your device’s boot animation.
20 Rooted Android Phones Apps You Should Know
Android uses the term Root or SuperUser for elevated administrator privileges. Many users root their Android devices but... Read more
Method 1: Using Android File Manager (Manual Approach)
For this method, you’ll need a file manager app with root access. We’ll be using the Root Browser app for demonstration.
- Start by downloading a custom boot animation of your choice. Look for the bootanimation.zip file associated with the animation.
- Open Root Browser and navigate to your original boot animation file located in /system/media.
- Long-press the original file, select Rename, and change its name to bootanimation.zip1.
- Locate the custom boot animation zip file you downloaded. Copy it to /system/media and adjust its permissions.
- Make sure the file name is bootanimation.zip for the system to recognize it.
- You should now see two zip files: the new bootanimation.zip and the original bootanimation.zip1.
- To activate your new boot animation, simply reboot your device.
Method 2: Using Boot Animations (Root) App
- Download your desired custom boot animation just like in Method 1.
- Download the Boot Animations Root app here.
- Open the app and select Backup/Restore. Create a backup of your original boot animation.
- Locate your custom boot animation zip file and install it.
- After installation, reboot your device to enjoy your new custom boot animation.
And there you have it! You’ve successfully customized your Android boot animation.