Virtual reality lets you enter a world where the virtual feels real. For instance, with VR, you don’t just watch movies; you feel like you’re inside them. Many companies have introduced VR headsets, and each one offers unique features.
But, the real fun starts when you find the right content to use with your VR headset. It’s not always easy to find the best content. So, this post will introduce you to the top Android apps to ensure you get the most out of your virtual reality experience.
Google’s main Cardboard app is perfect for those who use Google Cardboard. While it mainly acts as a gateway to other apps and videos rather than a store, it offers unique experiences that you can’t find elsewhere. It’s a central place for VR games, apps, animations, videos, and more.
The Cardboard app introduces you to a range of virtual reality content from around the web. It also lets you view and play videos stored on your phone. With this app, you can easily find and use other VR apps on your Android device.
Here are some fun activities you can do with the Cardboard app:
- Earth: Take a virtual tour of different places using Google Earth.
- Exhibit: Learn about various cultural items and their details.
- Tour Guide: Virtually tour Versailles as if you have a local guide with you.
- Photo Sphere: View your captured photo spheres on a big virtual screen.
- Arctic Journey: Virtually travel to the Arctic, see the stunning northern lights, and more.
If you love YouTube and have a VR headset, this app is perfect for you. It lets you watch YouTube videos on a large virtual screen.
This app transforms YouTube into a 3D world, offering a full virtual reality experience. It means you can enjoy any YouTube video, channel, or creator with a Daydream View compatible headset.
Here’s what the app offers for VR enthusiasts:
- Watch all YouTube videos in VR mode, including 3D videos, 360-degree videos, and regular rectangular videos.
- View videos and playlists in a relaxed way as they appear front and center on the virtual screen.
- Feel spatial audio while watching videos, giving a sense of depth and distance based on where you’re looking, for an enhanced experience.
- Stay signed in to easily access your favorite channels, videos, playlists, watch history, and more.
Seeking a player for 3D and VR videos? VaR’s VR Video Player is the answer. It offers a range of features and plays various VR content, such as 180° and 360° videos.
Its user-friendly interface and adaptable settings offer an in-depth VR experience with just a Cardboard-compatible VR headset.
Key features include:
- Compatibility with multiple video formats, including full-HD MP4.
- Customizable display settings such as zoom, contrast, color saturation, and more.
- Support for various playback modes like side by side, 180° and 360° videos, and regular videos.
- Subtitle support with auto-detection for subtitle files (.srt).
- Precise head tracking for a complete VR experience.
For those with a zest for discovery, Expeditions is a treasure. Crafted by Google, it serves as a VR educational tool, guiding groups on virtual adventures. Even from your living room, you can embark on virtual journeys worldwide.
With over 200 expeditions, the app provides immersive tours of various global spots, natural wonders, and even outer space using your VR headset.
Highlights of Expeditions:
- An increasing collection of expeditions to choose from.
- Lead groups such as friends or students on shared experiences.
- Shared VR journeys with synchronized playback across participants’ devices.
- Experience expeditions in 2D without a VR headset, using a 360° mode.
- No internet? No problem. Guides can lead an expedition if it’s downloaded and everyone is on the same Wi-Fi network.
Fulldive VR is a dynamic user-driven VR platform. Not only can you delve into a vast range of VR content online, but it also features an integrated VR video player and a VR browser, even allowing direct VR playback from YouTube.
With Fulldive, snap VR photos using its VR Camera, and navigate its marketplace brimming with VR games, apps, and images. Moreover, it doubles as a VR social hub, letting you connect with friends and share your cherished VR experiences.
Distinctive Fulldive VR highlights:
- A 360 Photo Gallery to curate and view 360ÃÂ° snapshots.
- Effortless discovery of trending apps, games, and videos.
- Support for a range of VR devices, including Google Cardboard and Daydream.
If the Discovery channel captivates you, the Discovery VR app is a must-have. Revel in breathtaking virtual reality stories that reveal the world’s wonders.
As a trailblazer in entertainment, Discovery presents exclusive clips and virtual adventures of our stunning planet through this app. Dive into content such as:
- Special footage from beloved shows like Gold Rush and Survivorman.
- Subaqueous adventures in shark-populated shipwrecks.
- Virtual attendance to the world’s most mesmerizing festivities.
Dream of globe-trotting and marveling at architectural wonders? Sites in VR transports you to iconic places and monuments worldwide, sans the time and financial constraints.
With this app, virtually traverse landmarks in nations like Turkey, Egypt, Belgium, and more. Delight in features such as:
- Over a thousand captivating 360-degree panoramas.
- Discover Islamic architectural splendors: mosques, sultan palaces, ancient cities, and more.
- Engage with 3D Panoramas that enhance regular panoramas, giving you a lifelike experience.
- No VR headset? No worries! Experience content right on your mobile, exploring multiple angles by moving your device.
VR Player simplifies immersive content enjoyment with its user-friendly interface. Dive into 3D visuals using VR headsets, including VR Box and Google Cardboard.
Noteworthy VR Player features include:
- Seamless playback of various video formats, MP4 included.
- VR playback with dynamic subtitles.
- Operational without gyroscope, making it accessible for basic phones.
- Capture memorable moments with its screenshot feature.
VR Cinema for Cardboard elevates your movie-watching experience, allowing immersion in films on VR headsets like Google Cardboard and Oculus Rift.
Engage with any MP4 video in split-screen mode for a riveting VR journey. Plus, with its inbuilt VR Camera, create your own VR content using your phone.