Launching Spotify Automatically When CarPlay is Connected
Wouldn’t it be nice to have Spotify start playing (or resume) your favorite song when you are in the car or connected with CarPlay? Well, it is possible with a simple iOS Shortcuts Animation, and here’s how to get it done.
Here’s a list of things you require prior to getting this working:
- iPhone with the latest iOS installed.
- Cars with Apple CarPlay supported (Either via WiFi or cable).
- Spotify account.
How to Launch Spotify Automatically
- Launch the Shortcuts app on your iPhone, and tap Automation at the bottom.
- Tap Create Personal Automation, then Tap + to add a new Automation.
- Tap CarPlay.
- Make sure "Connects" is selected on the next screen, then tap Next.
- Under Do, tap "Open App".
- Tap once on “App”, search for Spotify, and tap Next.
- Uncheck “Ask Before Running” and tap Done.
That’s it! Whenever the phone detects that the CarPlay is connected, Spotify will be launched automatically.
Alternative Way to Connect:
If this does not work, try the following:
- Repeat Step 1 and 2 from above.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Choose and connect to your car’s bluetooth.
- And finally, resume Step 5,6 and 7 from above.