Wouldn’t it be nice to have Spotify start playing (or resume) your favorite song when you are in the car or connected with CarPlay? Well, it is possible with a simple iOS Shortcuts Animation, and here’s how to get it done.
Here’s a list of things you require prior to getting this working:
- iPhone with the latest iOS installed.
- Cars with Apple CarPlay supported (Either via WiFi or cable).
- Spotify account.
How to Launch Spotify Automatically
- Launch the Shortcuts app on your iPhone, and tap Automation at the bottom.
- Tap Create Personal Automation, then Tap + to add a new Automation.
- Tap CarPlay.
- Make sure "Connects" is selected on the next screen, then tap Next.
- Under Do, tap "Open App".
- Tap once on “App”, search for Spotify, and tap Next.
- Uncheck “Ask Before Running” and tap Done.
That’s it! Whenever the phone detects that the CarPlay is connected, Spotify will be launched automatically.
Alternative Way to Connect:
If this does not work, try the following:
- Repeat Step 1 and 2 from above.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Choose and connect to your car’s bluetooth.
- And finally, resume Step 5,6 and 7 from above.