30 Amazing Infrared Photos
We take our ability to see for granted, on a daily basis, and yet colors play such crucial roles in our every decision-making process. But we’re not here to talk about that. Today we’re here to show you the world in a different light – literally.
In the following 30 photographs you will be seeing everyday scenes, scenery and objects under a very different condition: in infrared. You see, normally we can only see in visible light, an area on the electromagnetic spectrum that is between “near ultraviolet” and “near infrared”.
Without going too technical into it, we need special equipment to see beyond this visible light section and as the following images will show you, the world is just as beautiful in infrared.
2. South End Of Lindo Lake
4. Old Point Loma Lighthouse
5. Live Oaks and Slave Cabins
8. Clouds Over Lakeside
9. Kensington Market’s Garden Car
10. Trees By The Lake
11. Blown Away
13. Earth and Sky
14. St. Bartholomew’s Church Hanworth Norfolk
15. Trees and Rocks
16. Brown-Eyed Susan
17. By the Lake
19. Great Central Railway
20. Rainbow and Puppy
21. A Crowd Gathers in Fantasyland
22. Santee Lake on the Winter Solstice
24. A Storm
27. Boston Common
28. Palmer Park, Colorado Springs
29. Infrared Photo of Bled Lake (Slovenia)
30. Obama’s Inaugural Opening Ceremony
The world is a beautiful place that is filled with colors and incredible things, but what we are only able to naturally see and comprehend is but a small fraction. Now that you’ve seen the world in a different light, did it change your perception in any way? Tell us.