3D modeling tools and software enable you to turn your ideas into beautiful 3D models and prototypes. Widely used in industries like 3D printing, animation, gaming, architecture, and industrial design, 3D designs are vital components of digital production.
10 Free CAD Software You Can Download
CAD software is a must-have tool to have in most enterprises to reduce fatal flaws in design that…Read more
However, like every other tool going mobile, 3D designing and sketching apps are also quickly making their way to the smartphones and tablets. So, for today’s post, we are showcasing the best mobile apps for 3D designing and sketching that allow you to create wonderful 3D creations on the go.
3D creationist is the simplest app to create 3D models. Anyone can use it with utter ease and lots of fun. You can build anything fun such as plane, car, fort, snowman, cartoon characters, coffee cup and much more.
It has intuitive modelling interface for small mobile devices and lets you browse through thousands of publicly available models and upload any of them to your own projects. Whether it is iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, the 3D Creationist app gives you quality results of your 3D designs, and that too, absolutely free.
The best thing about 3D Creationist is the ease of use, as it comes with features that make 3D designing as simple as ABC.
- Start by adding a basic shape (cube, sphere, cylinder, cone, donut, or others) to make your design.
- Tap on the shape to have it active or inactive.
- Select tools to move, scale or rotate for transforming objects, and use arrows to manipulate your objects.
- Choose a shape and move it on top of another shape by using “cut”.
- Export your project into .obj and .stl file format or as .jpg image.
Gravity Sketch is a 3D creation iPad app which is free, fun, and absolutely enjoyable. You are able to make characters, automobiles, furniture, glassware, rings, pendants, or anything 3D in plastic, metal, or ceramic materials.
Gravity Sketch allows you to:
- Create 3D designs in your own style through 3D sketching.
- Share your 3D sketch through Sketchfab to Facebook, Snapchat, Pinterest, or any other social media.
- Export you projects in “.obj” format, it will make your 3D creation go to the next level and have it in different packages.
- Make your creations real with Shapeways. With the click of a button send your 3D sketch to print and get it in a matter of days through post.
Morphi gives you the freedom to design without WiFi or mouse. Just open the app and start stretching, visualizing, inventing, and prototyping.
It comes with 3D libraries which give you shapes, text, and color features to choose from, and 3D modeling tools for rotate, scale, merge etc.
With Morphy you can:
- Change grid size and movement then use clipboard to cut and paste the objects, and ruler for measuring objects in millimeters.
- You can take scaling for resizing the object, and shadows for knowing where the object is on the grid.
- Change environment background, undo and redo for seeing previous activity and use the photo button to save and share objects.
- Easily change the background
Expressing your idea intuitively into 3D design is what uMake is meant for. It is an award-winning next generation design tool that is powerful and simple.
uMake uses Sketch Planes which are relative to camera position. These are the core elements of the tool that allow users to sketch in 3D space by defining a certain point in space.
The other features Sketch Planes offers are:
- Importing the photo, control curve-weigh and color, and quickening the creation by live symmetry and mirroring.
- Creating extruded and revived surface.
- Exporting your 3D design in OBJ, STEP, and IGES format.
- Dragging your project files into group design to organizing them. You are also allowed to duplicate these files for various designs.
uMake also provides you short and easy tutorial and interactive help in side-help pane. This application consistently gives updates, tutorials, and video tips on weekly basis. You can have it in annual subscription for $149.99.
Autoq3D is the application made for you to create sculptures in 3D by providing a convenient and intuitive workspace. It allows you to view your 3D drawing by panning, zooming, and rotating the view. It has seven preset view points Top, Bottom, Left, Right, Front, Back, and Isometric.
- Draw your idea by using 3D primitive geometry such as spheres and boxes. You can also use extrude and revolve to draw surface.
- Easy in modifying through Trim, Fillet, Offset, Explode, and Slice.
- Snap the object by using snapping tools to draw midpoint, form the endpoint of an object or snap points on objects.
- It will be easy to organize them into groups to manipulate several objects as one entity.
- Run your application without connection as it is made as stand alone app.
The other interesting things you can do with this tool are:
If you want to look like a professional 3D creator, Scoutplus can be your best choice. It works with Autodesk 123 Sclupt+ that makes your 3D creations very powerful.
You can make your characters birred or quadruped, with either wings, fins, horns, claws or paws. Above all, this feature-filled tool is free.
With Scoutplus, you are allowed to:
- Start from a basic skeleton then drag joint to create new limbs or adjust their thickness and position.
- In sculpting room you can refine the surface shape using a wide range of tools.
- Sculpt out or in, smoothen, sharpen, and flatten and bring your sculpture to life by 3D painting and texturing.
- Apply your photos directly onto skin of sculpture adjust the light, background, and filter effects to generate amazing screen.
Create amazing 3D printable designs right on your iPad with 123D Design. Having this application allows you to make 3D creation easily. By choosing one of the basic shapes and editing it to be what you want. It connects easily one shape to another detailed object and snaps naturally to the center of focus.
Easily, you can take the examples and parts of other projects to play around with your design idea or acclimated to design concept. You can also:
- Choose the example from kits and start building.
- Save your work in My Projects to access it from 123D or desktop application.
- Check out the work from other 123D Design users to get inspiration.
Keyplan 3D is a free and amazing app for creating 3D home designs by iPad and iPhone. Just save your project on iCloud for editing it later. Express your creativity, find inspiration, and make smarter home designs in 2D and 3D. Simply design, build, think, and decorate your home with more than 350 free unique objects.
You can avoid complex menus, cryptic options, loading screens, unresponsive apps because by Keyplan 3D you can visualize your project through rendered plans which are interactive and updated in real time.
- It has house builder for creating walls as easy as drawing a line with a pencil with 2D or 3D editing features.
- Comes with interior design which consists of furniture, doors, and windows, which you can edit, change, and remove in 2D or 3D design.
- Customization options such as wall width and height settings in inch/meter conversion.
- Once done, you can use iCloud synchronization to enjoy your project on all your devices, iPhone, and iPad.
20 Free 3D-Modeling Software You Can Download
3D-modeling tools help turn individual ideas into beautiful models and prototypes for a variety of fields. These tools…Read more