Passcodes are pretty useful in securing your iPhone and its data in case it gets into the wrong hands. However, it can also be quite a menace if a wrong entry bars you from using your phone.
For instance, it may happen that you forget your iPhone password and after making many failed attempts your phone gets blocked from usage altogether. Or you get a pre-owned iPhone and don’t know how to unlock it for use.
Well, to cope with these scenarios and many such, I am jotting down some methods that allow you to unlock your iPhone even if you forget or don’t have access to its passcode.
The first methods talks about one of Apple’s built in apps and the other uses AnyUnlock, a reliable tool for unlocking your iOS device with ease. So, let’s take a look at how to do it.
38 iPhone Tips & Tricks You Should Know
Your iPhone is nothing less than a magical device that can do hundreds of functions and substitute many... Read more
Method 1: Unlock iPhone via ‘Find My iPhone’ app
Find My iPhone is a useful app that comes in iPhone and all iOS devices that keeps them safe from getting lost or if some unauthorised person tries to access them. Though, its basic function is to help you locate your iPhone in case it gets lost, however, you can also use the app to unlock your iPhone without passcode.
If you make multiple wrong passcode entries on your iPhone, it gets disabled either for some time or forever. And once the iPhone is disabled forever, you won’t be able to access it even for powering off or restarting it. And this is where the Find My iPhone app comes into play.
Here is how you can use Find My iPhone app to unlock your iPhone screen passcode if it gets disabled.
- Open the Find My iPhone webpage in any browser that you’re using.
- You’ll be asked to enter your Apple ID and password.
- Once you enter your credentials, it will locate all the devices on this Apple ID.
- Click on the device that you want to unlock and you’ll see different options. Here, click on Erase iPhone.
- You’ll see a warning prompt informing you that if you choose this option, all your data and settings will be erased. If you still want to continue, click Erase.
‘Find My iPhone’ limitations
Though the process to unlock your disabled iPhone through the ‘Find My iPhone’ app is simple, it does have some serious limitations or risks attached.
For instance, to access your device, you need to login to your Apple ID and so if you somehow forget your Apple ID and/or password, you won’t be able to use this option at all.
Another issue with unlocking your iPhone using this method is that you need an internet connection to make use of it. If both your computer and iPhone are not connected to the internet, then there’s no way you’d be able to use it.
Moreover, the Find My iPhone app should already be enabled on your iPhone before you use it to unlock your phone. Meaning that if your phone got lost and you didn’t have Find My iPhone enabled, then you should start looking for some other methods.
Method 2: Using AnyUnlock to Unlock iPhone without passcode
If you don’t want to take the Find My iPhone route, then the other (and much more suitable) method is to unlock your iPhone with AnyUnlock. Now AnyUnlock is a reliable tool that enables you to unlock your iPhone, iPad, or any other iOS device in the simplest way possible.
AnyUnlock offers a number of features to help you access your iPhone and its apps. Here’s a brief look at the most salient ones:
- Unlock screen passcode from any iOS device – iPhone, iPad, or iPod – through a few simple steps.
- Unlock Apple ID in case you forget your credentials and enable you to access your iCloud account easily.
- Bypass MDM (Mobile Device Management) on any iOS device.
- Unlock screen time passcode that bars you from using the device after a certain time.
- Remove iTunes backup encryption even if you forget the password.
- Offers iOS password manager that allows you to locate all passwords that you’ve saved on your iOS device such as WiFi password, email account, credit card info, and passcodes for other apps.
- Recover your iTunes backup password securely and with high success rate through advanced decryption technology.
As this post is focused on unlocking your iPhone using AnyUnlock, here are different scenarios that you may find yourself in and in which AnyUnlock can easily help you out.
- You forgot your iPhone passcode.
- Got a second-hand iPhone with screen lock.
- Your iPhone’s face ID or touch ID is not working.
- Your phone has an unresponsive screen due to breakage or damage.
- Your phone has been disabled due to multiple failed attempts.
So, whichever scenario you’re facing, you can take the following steps using AnyUnlock to unlock your iPhone.
- Install and then launch AnyLock on your Windows or macOS computer.
- Among the different options you see, click on Unlock Screen Passcode.
- Now connect your iPhone to your computer via the USB charging cable and then click Start on the AnyUnlock window.
- AnyUnlock will automatically detect your device’s model and the matched firmware version. To proceed, click Download and the firmware will start downloading on your computer. It may take some time to download the firmware so please make sure that you have a stable internet connection and sufficient storage space in your computer.
- Once the download of the firmware is complete, you’ll see a Download Complete Message. Please take a look at the information shown here and if you agree, then proceed to unlock the phone by clicking on the Unlock button.
- The passcode removal process will start on your computer as well as on your iPhone and you can see how it’s going through a progress bar.
- As the screen passcode is removed, you’ll see a Screen passcode removed successfully message and you’ll be able to access your iPhone as before.
Note: Please note that unlocking your iPhone through AnyUnlock will erase all your data and settings from the phone. So before proceeding, it’ll be prudent to back up all your iPhone data.
If you’re stuck at some step during the process, you can also take help from a detailed video tutorial here.
To wrap up
You can get locked out of your iPhone for any reason. Though the mechanism of passcode has been set in place to keep your phone and data secure, it can also cause you to be in a problematic situation.
In this article, I have mentioned two methods of unlocking your iPhone without a passcode. Even though Find My iPhone is iOS’s native app, it does have its limitations.
On the contrary, you can use an intuitive tool to unlock your iPhone and among all others in the market, AnyUnlock has one of the highest success rates. Moreover, as the name says, AnyUnlock can unlock almost any kind of passcode or lock in your iOS device.
So, I’d suggest you give AnyUnlock a go and see it in action yourself.