Facebook and Twitter are the biggest social media networks being used by millions for information, entertainment, and socialization. Also for businesses and public figures, these two social networks are indispensable avenues where they can easily connect with their audience and customers.
Now, what if we have the ability to mix these two big social media platforms into one? Like allowing your Facebook fans to also know about your tweets without leaving Facebook.
Well, Woobox is a tool with which you can add a Twitter tab to your Facebook page for free. Let’s take a look at what Woobox is and how can you use it to add a Twitter tab to your Facebook page.
80 Twitter Tools for Almost Everything
Twitter is chaos, but in the midst of this beautiful mess is a ton of data that if... Read more
Woobox, in a nutshell…
Woobox is a social promotional tool that can help you set up Facebook, Twitter or other social media tabs on your various social media pages. You can also use it to run polls and contests, and market your social media pages.
The steps below will show you how to use Woobox to create a customized Twitter tab on Facebook. Fast and easy.
- First, sign up on Woobox’s website via email or Facebook account. If you choose to sign in through Facebook, you will be redirected to Facebook and you will see this dialog box:
- Click Continue as… and you will be asked to connect an Instagram business account – for some reason this is a required step, so just go along with it. Pick one and click Next.
- Now you will be asked to connect your Facebook page.
- You will be asked to set the permissions. I highly recommend leaving it as is with the default options and click Done.
- At this point, Woobox will link your accounts and after a few seconds you will be redirected to Woobox’s dashboard.
- Now click on Facebook Tabs and from here select Twitter Tab among other social media tabs.
- Once you click on the Connect to Twitter, you’ll have the option to display all your tweets, or specific tweets with keywords that you will set. You can also hide tweet replies that start with @.
- After clicking Connect to Twitter, you will see different options for connecting social media accounts. Here, simply click on Twitter and a popup screen will appear asking you to setup your Twitter account.
- Once you confirm it, there’ll be a pop-up window asking you to authorize Woobox to access some of your data and other permissions. Click on Authorize App and you’ll be redirected to the previous page telling you that the connection was successful.
- Now, open your Facebook page in another tab and just below your cover photo, you will see a couple of options. Click on More and you’ll see a dropdown menu with Edit Tabs at the very bottom.
- Click on Edit Tabs and you’ll end up on the Templates and Tabs dashboard for your Facebook page. Here, you will need to click on the Twitter option and drag it to the top, right below Home for visibility.
- Now, go back to your fan page and click on Twitter on the main menu. You will be redirected to another page asking you to setup your tab. Do this by clicking Click Here to Setup your Tab.
- Once you click it, you’ll be asked to Continue. Just click on the blue button. In my case, I had set it up beforehand so it says that I already linked it. In your case, since it will be your first time linking it, it should say something different, but the process is still the same.
- After clicking Continue as…, you will be redirected to your Woobox account. You will notice that your Twitter username is already attached. Simply play around the settings and click on Save Settings.
That’s about it! Now you can check your new Twitter tab on your Facebook page.
The best thing about this is it’s totally free, but you can get more options and support if you upgrade to their paid account. But for now, if it works, it works. Now your Facebook fans (who are also Twitter users) can be updated on your Twitter happenings without even leaving Facebook.