Your iPad is a versatile device that can do more than just browsing and media consumption. You can even use it to play Nintendo Switch games by connecting a PS5 or Nintendo Switch controller. To fully enjoy Nintendo Switch games, you usually need to switch back to the console or TV, but there’s a workaround.
Essential Items You’ll Need
Before you can play Nintendo Switch games on your iPad, you’ll need some specific items. According to this MacRumors video, here’s the list:
- Nintendo Switch
- iPad with USB-C Port: Ensure your iPad has a USB-C port for compatibility. Here’s a list of iPads with USB-C port.
- iPadOS 17: Update your iPad to iPadOS 17 beta to make the capture card compatible.
- USB-C Capture Card: Capture Card is a device that captures the video feed from your Nintendo Switch and displays it on your iPad.
- Capture Card App: A dedicated app like Capture Pro, available on TestFlight, is also required.
Step-by-Step Setup Guide
- Connect the Capture Card: Insert the HDMI cable from your Nintendo Switch dock into the capture card.
- Connect to iPad: Plug the USB-C end of the capture card into your iPad’s USB-C port.
- Launch the App: Open the Capture Pro app on your iPad.
- Power Up Your Switch: Turn on your Nintendo Switch. Once the app detects it, you’ll see the Switch home screen on your iPad.
This method isn’t limited to the Nintendo Switch; it also works for PS5 and Xbox. Though there may be a slight delay, the overall experience is generally good and better than most streaming options.
And that’s it! You’re now ready to enjoy Nintendo Switch games on your iPad.