10 Apps Every New Apple Devices Should Have
Do I smell a fresh Apple device straight out of the box? I think I do. We’ve all been there, smooth and unblemished, not even a fingerprint on sight. Once you’re done relishing the look and feel of your new device, it’s time for you to load it up with the necessary applications that will make your life just a bit easier. But which ones, though?
There’s an array of different browsers, audio players, security apps, messaging apps, and so on. So, among all the ones presently available, I gathered 10 of the most important apps that will enhance the security, utility, entertainment, and overall function of your device. Let’s take a look.
5 Best Apps to Recover Lost or Stolen iPhones
In today's smartphone-centric world one of the biggest curses is when your iPhone is lost or stolen. Apart... Read more
1. Google Chrome
Rating: 3.7 Stars, Price: Free
Did you know that Google Chrome is the most popular web browser? As of November 2021, over 64% of users who browsed the Internet used Google Chrome, with Safari coming in at 2nd with just over 19%.
There’s a pretty good reason why Google Chrome is dominating with over 3.2 billion users. Google Chrome owes its popularity to its features and user-friendly design, aside from the fact that it’s free.
- Synchronize all your devices – Get access to your login info, payment credentials, and bookmarks across all the devices that you own.
- Auto-fill – This feature would be pretty handy when logging in to a familiar website or when purchasing stuff online. No need to re-input all the necessary information.
- Unlimited tabs – Multitask all you want opening any number of tabs.
- Google translate and voice search – Browse the web with any language that you prefer and you can even tell Google what to search for without touching your phone.
- Incognito mode – If you want to have some privacy or don’t want your browsing history to be tracked, Incognito’s got you covered.
5 Quick and Handy Google Chrome Tips You Should Know
Aren't you satisfied with Google Chrome? It is no doubt the best browser when it comes to simplicity... Read more
2. Google Authenticator
Rating: 2.2 Stars, Price: Free
Online security isn’t supposed to be a privilege, it should be a right. Did you know that phishing is the most common cybercrime, according to the FBI? Thankfully, Google Authenticator helps you avoid that by giving an additional layer of protection to your account. Free of charge!
Basically, Google Authenticator is used by the majority of platforms and applications that have the Two-Factor Authorization features. You scan a QR code using Google Authenticator and it will provide you with a One-Time Password.
- Two-factor authentication security – This would require additional information beyond just your username and password to log in to your accounts.
- Transfer accounts between devices using a QR code – No need to log in or set up your account whenever using a new device. Just scan the QR code and you’re good to go.
Rating: 4.8 Stars, Price: Free, with in-app purchases for premiums ranging from $3.99 to $16.99
Spotify is the most popular music app with over 13 million downloads. It is fast and reliable and is compatible with all your Apple devices, including your apple watch! It also has an offline mode, meaning you’ll be able to download songs and podcasts, but this feature is only available for premium users.
Play, discover, and listen to millions of songs and podcasts for free with ads, or avail the Spotify Premium to get rid of the ads and for additional perks.
- Make a playlist – Personalize your playlist with all your favorite songs.
- Share your playlist with other users – You can share your song collection with your friends and family.
- Categorized music – Find the right music suited for any mood and activity.
- Available on almost all devices – Play and listen anytime, and anywhere – including PlayStation, TV, Chromecast, and more.
- Spotify Originals – Listen to podcasts exclusive only to Spotify.
4. Google Maps
Rating: 4.7 Stars, Price: Free
Navigating through a huge city that you’re not familiar with is quite scary. But through Google Maps, with over 220 countries mapped, you won’t even need to familiarize yourself with the place. With the help of its real-time GPS, you’ll be able to reach your destination on your own.
- Opening and closing timings – Know the details of each place’s opening and closing schedule, or if you want to check which days they’re open.
- Offline navigation – Download a map of your area that you can use to navigate, even without an internet connection.
- The quickest route to your destination – Google Maps will show you shortcuts and how to avoid busy roads.
- Familiarize the surroundings – You can view your destination or the road that you will take through Google Maps’ 360-degree panoramic view of the area.
- Destination markers – Create a list and mark your favorite places to visit.
20 Google Maps Tips and Tricks You Should Know
Google Maps is my go-to app as soon as I step out of the door. Not just for... Read more
Rating: 4.4 Stars, Price: Free 30 day trial, and then a monthly subscription of $3.99 for individuals or $6.99 for a family of 5
Our password is the first line of defense against hackers, and if you’re currently using an old easy-to-guess password, you might be the hacker’s next victim.
1Password helps you generate powerful passwords that can’t be decoded easily, which can be accessed across multiple devices that you own. And it’s not just an ordinary password generator, it has a lot more to offer!
- Auto-fill – If you’re using a strong and complicated password, you’d have trouble logging in yourself, thankfully, 1Password does all the work for you, just one tap, and your password and username will be filled in.
- Password storage and organizer – With several accounts, it’s easy to lose track and forget some of your account’s login information. You can use 1Password to store and save all the info of all your accounts, including your banking credentials. You won’t have to worry about any information leaks because your data is stored locally, meaning it can only be accessed through your device.
- Vault storage – 1Password also offers a vault that you can use to store your private documents, pictures, videos, and other important files.
- Extra secure – 1Password uses face recognition and two-factor authentication to make sure that you’re the only one who has access to all your sensitive information. It also alerts you if your account was used somewhere else or if any suspicious activities were detected.
15 Best Password Managers For 2023
We use so many apps and online services these days, each with its own password to maintain security.... Read more
6. Google Translate
Rating: 4.3 Stars, Price: Free
This app works wonders if you want to write or read in different languages. It can translate words in real-time using your camera or you could also type or even draw the words to be translated.
Imagine traveling to a foreign country, Google Translate would be a lifesaver if you want to communicate with the locals effectively. To top it all, it is free, easy to use and works offline as well!
- Language variety – Translate with 108 different languages for typed texts.
- Versatility – Can recognize and translate handwritten texts, spoken languages, and photos from your gallery (96 languages).
- Offline mode – Translate texts offline (59 languages) in any no internet zone.
- Phrasebook – Save your translated texts for future reference.
7. Telegram Messenger
Rating: 3.9 Stars, Price: Free
Telegram is a messenger app that you can use for personal or business communication, and even to hold online events. It has a ton of features that are well suited for any situation or purpose. With over 500 million active users worldwide, it is one of the best messaging apps available today, and for a good reason.
Aside from its power and functions, they also take pride in its security, ensuring that your information and conversations are kept safe and private.
- Host online events – Telegram allows you to create a group chat for up to 200,000 members and share large content and videos with everyone.
- Synched – This app is synced across all your devices, and you can even type a message and finish it on a different device.
- Reliable and limitless – Telegram is fast and consumes the lowest possible data when sending messages. There is no limit to how much data you can send, and all the information is securely stored on Telegram’s cloud.
Rating: 4.8 Stars, Price: Free, with in-app purchases ranging from $1.99 to $9.99
Kindle is an app where you can read thousands of ebooks, magazines, and listen to audiobooks. Read anytime and anywhere using your smart device. Although the app is free, you will have to pay for the things you’d want to read through the app. But generally, these are really cheap compared to their printed copies.
- Customizable – Adjust texts, alignment, font size, and backgrounds, whichever you prefer.
- Synch – Get access to all the books you own across all your devices
- Bookmarks – Continue where you left off and dive deep into each story.
- Variety – Explore kindle and discover a wide range of books for all genres and satisfy the bookworm in you.
Rating: 4.7 Stars, Price: Free (up to 2 GB cloud storage), with in-app purchases $18.49 (2 TB) and/or $30.99 (3 TB) monthly.
Dropbox is a cloud storage that offers a free basic plan and two premium plans called the Dropbox plus and Dropbox professional that offers more storage. Store 175 different file types including IDs, PDFs, passwords, photos, videos, and other important documents.
- File sharing – You can share your files with anyone by just copying the link and sending it to them, and they don’t even need to have a Dropbox app to access it.
- Automatic uploads – You can set your device to upload photos and videos taken straight from your device’s camera onto the cloud storage.
- Accessibility – Access all your files across multiple devices and have access to them even when offline.
- Rewind – Made a mistake and accidentally deleted some important files? Rewind up to 180 days to retrieve all data or to set your storage back in time before the mishap. (Note that rewind is not available for the basic plan)
15 Dropbox Tips and Tricks
I often thought Dropbox as a simple cloud storage service that you can use to save and share... Read more
Rating: 3.2 Stars, Price: Free
Every day, millions of people receive fraudulent calls and SMS and thousands of people fall for it. Most of us are aware that it’s a scam upon receiving such messages, but the annoyance that they bring is almost inevitable, and so, ScamSheild was made to tackle that.
- Filter and Block – It’s a pretty straightforward app that filters out numbers used for scamming and then blocks them. You won’t even notice a thing, you’ll just need to install the app and let it do its magic in the background.
Even if you think you won’t need these right now, at one point in the future you will definitely think “I should have downloaded that app,” especially when you’re somewhere far without a good internet connection. So, what I recommend is to get your device all set up now and get the ball rolling!