Having difficulties getting your hands on a PS5? Between a global microprocessor chip shortage, a global pandemic, and strained global supply chains, many consumer electronics are having difficulties finding their way back on to shelves, and the PS5 is no exception.
Since the launch, there has been a consistent shortage of consoles and other consumer electronics, with producers saying it may take years before they are able to fully stock a lot of items and catch up with the demand.
Compounding this, many scalpers are taking advantage of the demand, snatching up consoles with automated bots, and reselling them on places like Ebay and Facebook for a profit.
If you are one of those who want to grab a PS5 or a PS5 Digital Edition before it’s sold out again, if you’re lucky, the retailer might have a ‘back in stock alert‘ to notify you by email when you can buy it. But quite often, for products in high demand, these alerts often come with a delay, meaning when you do receive it, it’s already too late.
Follow these guys on Twitter
Some savvy shoppers have turned to follow Twitter accounts that send a tweet every time a PS5 is back on the shelves. A fast way to get near real-time alerts is following @mattswider.
The tech reporter tweets every time new PS5 stock is available at any US store. Other helpful accounts to follow to get PS5 stock notifications are @PS5StockAlerts for the US and @PS5stock for the UK.
But for those who want to ensure they’re being updated first before anyone else, setting up change detection notifications yourself is one of the most reliable ways to make sure you know before anyone else. For this, using a website change monitoring tool, like VisualPing, is the fastest way to get started.
Get notified when PS5 is back in stock
If you want to get PS5 stock notifications as soon as Sony’s next-gen system is available, there’s a simple solution. You can monitor all the retailers’ websites for changes using Visualping and ensure you get alerts for PS5 in time to treat yourself with one of the hotly anticipated consoles.
Visualping will automatically monitor the website, up to every 5 minutes and email or text you as soon as it’s back in stock.
Follow these simple steps to get PS5 restock alerts directly to you:
- Copy and paste the URL of the product page you want to monitor into the search field on Visualping’s homepage. Then, click Go.
- Once the page appears in the viewport, select the part of the page you want to monitor. For restocked products, this is usually the part of the page surrounding the , Sold out, Out of stock or Not in Stock label.
- Specify the frequency you want Visualping to check the page. Free users can monitor a few times per day, but if you sign up for a paid plan, you can monitor up to every 5 minutes.
- Type the email address you want the alerts to be sent to. Click "Start Monitoring", and that’s it!
Tip: Here are the top pages people are tracking with Visualping to get a PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition as soon as they become available:
- PS5 at Amazon
- PS5 Digital Edition at Amazon
- PS5 at Best Buy
- PS5 Digital Edition at Best Buy
- PS5 Digital at GameStop
- PS5 at Walmart
- PS5 Digital Edition at Walmart
- PS5 at Target
- PS5 Digital Edition at Target
- PS5 at Sam’s Club
With this website change monitoring service, you will receive email notifications or text messages before most other alerts, and you will save a huge amount of time not checking these websites regularly.
And once you are one of the lucky ones enjoying a PS5, you may want to use Visualping to be the first one to know when games such as Elden Ring or Horizon are available to buy or preorder.
Now you know the secret, not one more will escape you!