One of the most frustrating things in life is when you capture a video of something amazing and when you play it back, it turns out to be blurry. Well, there can be many reasons for a blurry video and fortunately, there are also some solid solutions to fix it.
In this post, we are going to guide you on how to fix a blurry video using some useful methods. Plus, here are some reasons and ways to avoid blurry videos.
Why Do Videos Get Blurry?
Before getting into the solution of a problem, it is important to drill down to its root cause. There can be any number of reasons for a blurry video.
Here are some of the most common that may cause blurry videos:
- Low resolution. The resolution of the camera that you create the video with has a lot to do with the quality of the video. When you play a video taken from a low-res camera, the media player tends to blow it up to a suitable size which causes a fuzzy video.
- Lighting issues. Videos created in low-light environments usually end up being low-quality. This is because the camera tries to make up for the low light by increasing the ISO, causing the video to blur.
- Compression. Video files are quite bulky to send or upload online. So to reduce the size, videos are compressed in size either by the sender or the app being used. Mostly, compression doesn’t affect the quality of the video but too much compression may make videos blurry.
- File compatibility. If the file format of your video is not compatible with the media player, then it may cause the video to get blurry.
- Unsupported codec. Your video may get fuzzy when supported codecs are missing from the video file. Moreover, when you download a video from the web, it may turn out blurry due to poor encoding of the original video.
How to Avoid Blurry Videos?
In order to avoid creating blurry videos, there are some things you need to check or take care of.
Some of the basic measures you can take include:
- Always make sure it is the right resolution that you’re shooting the video in. Usually the most suitable dimensions for a high-definition video are 1920 x 1080 pixels or at least 1280 x 720 pixels. If you don’t have this resolution, try to capture it in the highest resolution possible.
- Usually you can blow up or zoom the footage a little more than the 100 percent of its original size. Try not to stretch the video’s size too much.
- Know the suitable file formats for your video. Usually, the most common format that works best is .mp4 or H.264. It works with almost all media players, video editors, and online uploads.
- When you have to send video files online, don’t compress them to the degree that it gets blurry. There are many big file transfer tools you can use to send large files.
How to Make Blurry Videos Clearer?
So far we’ve mentioned the causes of blurry videos and how to avoid them. But in case you’re beyond that stage and already have a low-quality or fuzzy video in hand, then your only option would be to find a tool to help you unblur video.
There are different ways to make blurry videos clear. One way is to edit the video using a professional video editor like Adobe Premiere, Filmora, Final Cut Pro and tinker with different aspects. But that would take a lot of time and effort, not to mention that you need to be a professional video editor to do this.
Another more easy and quick way is to use a video quality enhancer tool like HitPaw Video Enhancer.
HitPaw Video Enhancer in a Nutshell
This is an AI-powered tool that can enhance the quality of your blurry or low-quality videos in a few clicks.
There are different AI models that you can choose according to your video’s requirements:
- General Denoise Model. For fixing blurry videos through maximum noise reduction in any type of video.
- Animation Model. To unblur and improve the quality of animation videos.
- Face Model. For enhancing or upscaling specifically the videos that have a human face.
The other interesting aspect of HitPaw AI Video Enhancer is that you can upscale your low-res videos into a higher resolution – even up to 4K video resolution. Additionally, there’s an option to batch-process videos for enhanced productivity.
HitPaw Video Enhancer works on both Windows PC and Mac. Plus, it supports many of the common video formats including .mp4, .avi, .rmvb, .wmv, and .mkv.
Fixing Blurry Videos with HitPaw Video Enhancer
And here’s using the said-tool to fix blurry videos.
- Download and install HitPaw Video Enhancer on your Windows or macOS computer and launch the app. On the home screen, drag-and-drop or upload the video that you’d want to fix.
- Once the video is uploaded, click Preview Effect to see the comparison between the original video and the enhanced version.
- If you’re satisfied with the results, choose any of the aforementioned AI models according to your video’s preference and click Enhance.
That’s it, you’ll get an AI-enhanced video in high quality right in the specified folder.