Apple takes security and privacy very seriously when it comes to its devices. Whether it’s an iPhone or an iPad, without the correct passcode, it doesn’t matter if you are the owner; you won’t have access to the apps and data inside. If you keep trying, the device will enter lockdown mode. Then, you might wonder:
“Why does my iPhone keep displaying the ‘support.apple.com/iPhone/passcode’ notification? What should I do?”
“Why do I keep seeing ‘support.apple.com/iPhone/passcode’ on my iPhone screen?”
In this post, we’re going to try to address these issues.
If you enter the wrong passcode five times, you’ll see a message saying “iPhone is disabled” or “iPhone Unavailable,” and you will be prevented from trying again for 1 minute. If you continue to enter the wrong passcode, you will be stopped from trying for 5 minutes. If you still enter the wrong passcode after that, your iPhone will be disabled for even longer.
Beneath the message, there’s a URL that says “support.apple.com/iphone/passcode” or “support.apple.com/passcode.” If you enter this URL into a browser, it brings you to Apple support with a guide on how to resolve the issue.
To resolve it, you will need to know your previous passcode, and upon recovery, you risk losing all existing data.
If you’re not ready to risk losing all data just yet, well, there’s an alternative way to try.
Unlocking Screen without Losing Data
The UltFone iPhone Unlock Tool is a third-party app that can unlock all types of screen locks on iPhones and iPads within a few clicks. It works on both Mac and Windows, and it’s designed with a simple-to-use interface, so you don’t need any prior technical knowledge to execute this.
Here are some of the features of the UltFone iPhone Unlock Tool:
- Recovers your device without resetting it, which means, at the end of the day, no data will be lost.
- As mentioned earlier, this app is easy to use. All you need to do is just connect the device and follow the on-screen instructions; no technical knowledge is required.
- It can bypass several types of lock screens, including passcodes, Touch ID, and Face ID.
- Download and open the UltFone iPhone Unlock Tool, then select the “iOS Screen Unlock” option. After that, press “Start” to initiate the unlocking process.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and click “Next.”
- Wait for the tool to recognize your device, then click “Download” to acquire the firmware needed for your specific iPhone.
- Once the firmware is downloaded, click “Remove Now” to eliminate the “support.apple.com/iphone/passcode” notification.
The process will take a couple of minutes, and then your device will be unlocked.
Unlocking Screen without a Computer
Now you might ask, “What if I don’t want to download any third-party apps to unlock my phone?” Well, you can try resetting it the traditional way.
If you notice the “support.apple.com/iphone/passcode” message on your screen, follow these steps:
iOS 15.2 to 16.0
- Look for the “Erase iPhone” option, which is usually located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Click on it, and you’ll be prompted with a message to “Erase All Content and Settings.” Tap “Erase iPhone” once more to proceed.
- Finally, input your Apple ID credentials to verify your choice and initiate the erasure process.
Click on “Forgot Passcode > Start iPhone Reset” and enter your Apple ID credentials to sign out.
Your iPhone will reset to factory settings, allowing you to set it up anew, but this also means that you’ll be losing all existing data.
Removing Screen via iTunes
For Windows users, another way to remedy this is with the help of the iTunes app. This method is pretty straightforward, but first, you will need to have iTunes downloaded and installed on your PC, and then follow the steps below.
- Put your iPhone into recovery mode.
- Connect it to your PC and open iTunes.
- When a notification appears, choose the “Restore” option.
- A confirmation notification will pop up. Click on “Restore and Update” to proceed.
Your iPhone will then return to its original factory settings. Here are some potential drawbacks of this method:
- It might automatically update your iOS to the latest version, which can cause incompatibility issues with some older apps.
- You’ll need to restore your device from a backup afterward.
- All existing data on your iPhone will be erased.
Removing Screen via iCloud Find My
Another method you can try to bypass the security lockout feature on your iPhone is through the “Find My” app. “Find My” allows you to remotely reset your iPhone to factory settings, but for this to work, your iPhone must first have “Find My” enabled (turned on).
Here’s how you do it:
- Go to iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Click on “Find Devices” and select your locked iPhone.
- Now choose “Erase iPhone” from the given options to erase it.
The drawback of this method is that it requires you to have “Find My” enabled first, and also, it erases all existing data upon reset.
FAQs About iPhone Stuck on “support.apple.com/iphone/passcode” Screen
What should I do if my iPhone is stuck on the “support.apple.com/iphone/passcode” screen?
If your iPhone is stuck on the “support.apple.com/iPhone/passcode iPhone unavailable” screen, you can tap on “Erase iPhone” to reset your device to factory settings. This will remove all accounts and passwords from your iPhone, allowing you to set it up as a new device.
How can I avoid data loss when fixing an iPhone stuck on the “support.apple.com/iphone/passcode” screen?
Most methods to fix the security lockout feature will erase your device during the process. However, if you want to avoid data loss, we suggest using a third-party app like UltFone Toolkit – iOS Screen Unlock to bypass the “support.apple.com/iPhone/passcode” issue.
And there you have it: four different ways to regain access to your locked phone, with or without a PC. All methods, except using the UltFone iPhone Unlock Tool, will result in the loss of existing data. So, if you want to avoid losing data after regaining access, you might consider giving the app a try. Stay safe and secure!