Search engine optimization (SEO) and content creation go hand in hand because when you create high-quality content, you need it to perform well on search engines and for that, you need proper SEO tools.
This post lists some of the best SEO tools every content creator should know about. These tools are free so anyone from beginner to professional content creator can use them and make your content stand out. Let’s take a look.
Sitechcker allows you to improve the on-page and technical SEO of your website or blog. It gives you an intuitive dashboard from which you can check different statistics related to your site and other aspects like site monitoring, rank tracking, and backlink tracking.
Based on the data from Google Analytics and Google Search Console, the tool gives you suggestions on how to improve your site’s SEO. You get a to-do list for changes that are needed to be done and monitor these changes 24/7.
Sitechecker notable features:
- Proper technical on-page SEO.
- Improve your website’s visibility in SERP.
- Remove major site vulnerabilities.
- Get regular reports and instant alerts about critical issues with your website.
- Detailed textual and video documentation on how to use the tool.
- Also available as Chrome Extension for easy access.
- Monitor and analyze all the backlinks for your website that you found or built
Answer The Public is a useful tool that offers suggestions for keyword research and content creation. It gives insight into what people are looking for and how they search online based on searches in Google and Bing.
Moreover, it displays the keyword idea results as a mind map, making it easy to understand and visualize the data. The tool categorizes the keywords by questions, prepositions, comparisons, alphabetical, and related.
It features a vast database that can anticipate what visitors want. Moreover, you can get a free and paid version to help you generate better content ideas for your blog, website, YouTube channel, or social media profile.
The free version of the tool offers a limited number of searches per day. But, if you want to upgrade to the paid version, you can get more features.
Answer The Public Pro tool’s notable features:
- Conduct as many daily searches as you want.
- Reports are stored automatically so that you can access them anytime.
- Use a single account to add infinite users.
- Compare keyword data over time to acquire new keyword suggestions.
- Export your keyword data in CSV format.
- Get access to high-resolution photographs for each query.
- Unlimited access to local and language-specific search results.
- Remove irrelevant results from your research.
Google Search Console (previously Google Webmaster Tools) is a must-use tool for content creators and website owners. It helps you understand how your site performs in Google searches and find out about any issues that may be affecting your visibility or organic search traffic.
Additionally, it provides data on impressions, clicks, average position, and other information about your site’s performance in Google searches. You can also use it to submit and check your sitemaps, track your website’s backlinks, and more.
Some of Google Search Console tool’s notable features:
- Find out which pages on your site get people to visit it.
- Check the number of times people see your site, click on it, and whether or not it appears at the top of Google Search.
- Identify and correct any issues with your website.
- Crawl your site with individual URLs and sitemaps.
- Get email updates when Google finds problems on your website.
- Use Google Search Console’s URL Inspection tool to find out how Google Search perceives your website.
4. LSI Graph
LSI Graph is a great tool for understanding latent semantic indexing (LSI), which is the process of measuring how close a group of words are to each other semantically.
Semantic relevance is an important part of SEO, and LSI plays a big role in it. LSI Graph can help content creators understand what words are related to their target keyword and use them to improve their content.
It’s also possible to get analytical information on how well your material is optimized in terms of important metrics like LSI usage, Content Sentiment, and Semantic Density. You’ll also gain access to LSI Keywords, Top Performing Content, Popular Questions, and Frequently Linked.
Use LSI Graph to learn everything there is to know about the most popular search engine on the planet, so you can rank at the top of Google’s listings. It’s free if you use it as-is, but upgrading will give you access to more features and tools.
Here is a list of the LSI Graph tool’s coolest features:
- Input any keyword and get a list of related terms.
- Measure how well your content is optimized for LSI.
- Discover popular questions people are asking about your topic.
- Find out which pieces of content are getting the most shares and links.
- Export your data in CSV and PDF formats.
- Get access to analytical data on your site’s Semantic Density and Content Sentiment.
Google Trends is a tool by Google that lets you track the popularity of search terms over time. It’s a great way to see whether or not a particular keyword is trending up or down, and it can also give you some insight into which keywords are being used more often.
You can also use Google Trends to compare the popularity of two different keywords or see how a keyword’s popularity has changed over time.
This information can be valuable for content creators who are looking to write content that will be popular with their audience.
Google Trends’ features:
- Compare the popularity of two different keywords.
- It’s a useful tool for product and market analysis.
- Use Google Trends to find out how popular a keyword or topic is (in any region).
- Discover seasonality trends for keywords.
- Track the popularity of a keyword over time.
6. Rank Math
Rank Math is a wonderful WordPress plugin that lets you quickly optimize your content with the aid of built-in suggestions. With this simple plugin, you can add appropriate Schema markup to your content so that search engine bots understand it.
This plugin helps you set up rich snippets for your blog posts. You can customize the title, and description, post robots meta information, and choose a default category and taxonomies. There are detailed instructions with screenshots to make it easy for anyone who doesn’t know what they’re doing.
Some of the best features of Rank Math are:
- Use templates or manually change the SEO titles and descriptions for each post/page.
- Optimize your content for various focus keywords to improve rankings.
- Make your own customized XML sitemap.
- Different content parts can have their own schema. A sitewide schema can also be defined.
- Optimize your website so that it appears higher in search results for local businesses.
- Improve image optimization by automatically adding alt and title tags to your images.
- Internal and external links to posts/pages are visible.
- Set and manage 301 and 302 redirects and look out for any 404 errors.
7. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin that many content creators and bloggers rely on. It analyzes content to see how closely it sticks to the focus keyword. First, it gives the site an SEO score. Next, it tells you how to improve the score. Yoast SEO is useful for checking how easy a blog post is to read.
Another handy feature is Yoast’s Readability checker. This tool can make editing your content easier because it gives you an overall score for your post’s readability. It also provides suggestions for improving readability, such as shortening sentences or avoiding passive voice.
Yoast also provides a sitemap generator and can help you ensure that all of your posts are listed on it. The site comprises of different sections, each with its own page to help your content show up better in search results.
Yoast SEO features:
- A preview of how your post will appear on mobile devices and in Google search results.
- Change your SEO title, URL slug, and meta description.
- An examination of keyword usage
- Adds structured data automatically to help Google understand your site.
- SEO meta description, title, and URL slug optimization
- Readability checker and a counter for internal links.
KWFinder is a tool that can help you find keywords that have the potential to rank high in Google. It’s a great tool for content creators looking for untapped keyword opportunities.
KWFinder gives you essential information about each keyword, such as volume (monthly search volume for the keyword), CPC (keyword value, cost per click value for the keyword), and KD (Keyword Difficulty).
You can use it to spy on your competition and see which keywords they are targeting. It also offers a list of related keywords that you can target. You’ll get keyword suggestions, related keywords, autocomplete, and questions based on keyword research.
KWFinder is a good keyword research tool that you can use to find low-competition keywords with high potential. It’s also perfect for bloggers who are new to blogging and don’t want to spend too much time on research.
Some of KWFinder’s great features:
- Find long-tail keywords that aren’t being used.
- Look at the keywords your competitors are using.
- Get keyword suggestions from Google.
- Use keyword lists to organize your keywords.
- Import multiple keywords at once.
- Get rid of the keywords that aren’t profitable.
- Most precise keyword difficulty rating.
- Keyword metrics and search volume.
- SEO metrics and SERP analysis.
Keyword Tool is an easy-to-use keyword generator that can provide up to 750 ideas for content creators. It has quickly become one of the go-to tools, especially with bloggers looking to put together some new SEO-friendly copy on a budget.
Even if you don’t have an account, the Keyword Tool is free. Simply type in a keyword or phrase, and the tool will show you hundreds of long-tail keywords connected to any topic through Google’s search suggestions automatically generated. The recommendations will be constructed based on a Google domain and your chosen language.
Keyword Tool allows you to export your keyword list as a CSV file so you can easily plug them into a content creation tool, such as Google Docs or Microsoft Word.
You can also track the ranking of any website for any keyword over time. Plus, you can see search volume, CPC (cost-per-click), and competition data for the keyword.
Keyword Tool’s notable features:
- The free version can provide you with over 700 long-tail keyword suggestions for each search term.
- It can also be used in pay-per-click (PPC) advertising campaigns.
- You can generate keywords from various search engines such as Google, YouTube, Amazon, Instagram, eBay, Play Store, and Twitter.
Neil Patel’s Ubersuggest is a fantastic free tool. It’s a very cost-effective SEO tool that can help you with everything from generating keyword ideas to competitive analysis.
Ubersuggest offers keyword suggestions, SERP analysis, and backlink data. Content creators can use this tool to get a detailed overview of their competition and find profitable keywords.
Some of Ubersuggest’s features include:
- Creating keyword suggestions for your content.
- Analyzing your competition’s website to learn what they’re up to.
- Obtaining information on the number of monthly searches and the cost per click (CPC) for each keyword.
- Learn how difficult it will be to rank for a specific keyword.
- Getting backlink data to see where your competitors’ links are coming from.
MozBar is an extension designed to make your link metrics analysis seamless, especially when you’re on the go. It allows you to track and analyze domain authority, page authority and backlinks for sites that are relevant to what you’re looking at currently, giving insight on how much worth a website has due to how many backlinks it has accumulated over time.
MozBar allows for viewing data such as which links are followed (indicating someone using a nofollow tag) or if they are internal or external links. It also provides users with page elements such as meta tags which provide information about the content being displayed on a webpage, including titles, keywords, descriptions etc.
MozBar tool’s cool features:
- Examine the metrics of Page Authority (PA) and Domain Authority (DA).
- Find out about a website’s backlinks and anchor text.
- As you browse the web, you can see MozBar data in real-time.
- Find new ways to increase your website’s link popularity.
When you create quality content, you want more and more people to watch, listen, read, or interact with it. The aforementioned SEO tools will help you do just that. All the tools mentioned are free, but you can get more features and better results through paid versions. Give any of the tools a try and see how it transforms your website’s SEO.