(Guest writer: K Bharath)
When it comes to WordPress themes, the choices out there are a dime a dozen, we have WordPress starter themes suited for advanced developers. We also have beautiful premium WordPress themes that you can afford for an affordable price.
And of course we have WordPress Themes that are easy to customize – perfect for those who do not like to touch code – and free.
If you are in the third category, you’ll love this compilation. Here are 20 multipurpose WordPress themes that are packed with modern features, elegance and yet are still free for download and use.
50 Clean And Minimalistic WordPress Themes (Updated)
Complexity in design is not everyone's cup of tea. Banners, sliders, and other design elements distract users from... Read more
Litho is a creative and powerful WordPress theme with Elementor and modern features for front-end development. The best part of Litho is that it caters to novices as well as expert professionals. Litho is truly multipurpose as it has 36+ unique home page demos, 200+ ready-made pages, and the world’s leading website builder – Elementor compatibility. So, create anything beautiful with the Litho theme. From sophisticated corporate blogs to high-end websites, you can create anything with the Litho theme.
Check out a few core features on Litho below:
- Showcase your outstanding portfolio online using Litho’s cool hover effects & animations.
- Have a customized mobile menu style using excellent mobile navigation and different mobile menus.
- Litho includes everything from Elementor to WooCoomerce, advanced custom widgets to elements and templates.
- Curate an effortless website with just a one-click import tool. It allows you to import anything including widgets, sliders, and page options to create a tailor-made website.
- With more than 300+ template collections, build a professional website that helps you to stand out.
- Litho is curated by the leading ThemeZaa team that has served more than 36000+ customers to date, also gives top-notched customer support and lifetime updates.
2. Aglee Lite
There are websites that beg for a simple, basic and clean theme. Aglee Lite fits the description to a T with its elegant responsive design. Admittedly, as a Lite version, there are features which have been stripped off, but these omissions are of less-used features.
- A fully responsive theme, cross-browser compatible, SEO friendly
- bbPress-compatible and works with most WP plugins
- Translation ready, and has right-to-left (RTL) writing support
- Full width and boxed layout, featured slider, posts & layouts for services, features, projects, testimonial, and blog
- Social media integration
- Free customer support via chat, and email.
Describing itself as the best free responsive and business WordPress theme, Arise was designed to be used for professional looking websites. It has support for WooCommerce but can pass off as a a multipurpose theme due to plenty of its other features.
- Responsive & Retina-ready
- Easily customizable with lots of theme options using Customizer
- Contact us template, gallery template, widgets and sidebar
- Translation to French
- Supports popular WordPress plugins like Breadcrumb NavXT, WP-PageNavi, Contact Form 7, Jetpack by WordPress.com, Polylang, Newsletter, bbPress.
Doctors is a specialized theme for the medical profession. It is modern, and clean, and is great for hospitals, medical centres, small clinics, dentists, doctors, general practitioners, veterinarians, family medicine, health care, health and beauty, spa centres, and derma care.
- Free and responsive
- Flat and minimal design which loads fast and renders quickly.
- RTL support
- SEO Friendly
- Complete implementation
Freesia Empire is a multipurpose theme which supports theme customization with Customizer. It comes with proven cross-browser & WooCommerce compatibility as well as ready-templates for pages like Contact, Gallery, Corporate etc.
- Widgets and sidebar
- SEO friendly
- Integrated with social media
- Customizable with support from major plugins including, Breadcrumb NavXT, WP-PageNavi, Contact Form 7, Jetpack by WordPress.com, Polylang, Newsletter & bbPress
6. Gaga Lite
Another easy-to-setup theme is Gaga Lite. This is a multi-purpose responsive theme which allows the user to create and customize a WordPress blog or any website in a very short time.
The theme has multiple layouts for header, team, services, skills, portfolio (photography or otherwise), client, testimonial, blog, footer, and others.
- Also has pricing tables, a call to action, and full screen slider.
- Built-in customizer
- Can change theme colors, typography (fonts used), layout components.
- Translation ready
- SEO friendly
Gossip is a free multi-purpose WordPress theme. It has a flat, and simple design, is responsive and can be used as an ecommerce site with woocommerce support.
Bootstrap, one of the most popular front-end framework for WordPress Themes, is also the basis for Gossip. Needless to say, it is a powerful theme option.
- Easy to change logo, banner, header text color, footer text, social networking links etc
- Supports of major plugins
- Flexibility from Bootstrap
- Social media component is built into the theme
For those who want a simple single-page design for a website, NovelLite for WordPress is a good and beautiful choice. Entrepreneurs, startups, small- and medium-enterprises would like this theme for its ability to showcase the company or business via featured images.
Alternatively, it can be a good fit for a photography or an album site, or any website which uses or posts lots of images.
- Can change logos, intro texts, graphics and background via Options Panel.
- Supports 6 widget-capable areas with featured images.
- Customization is easy to do with a drag-and-drop section scrolling
- Compatibility with WooCommerce
If you want to quickly build an responsive ecommerce site, you should check out EightStore Lite. It is a WooCommerce site which can help you build an online store in no time.
This WooCommerce rich theme includes the following features: custom background, custom header, featured images, left side bar, one column, responsive layout, right sidebar, theme options, threaded comments, three column capability, and two columns capable.
Tracks is a robust, responsive, and attractive WordPress theme. It is ideal for personal online blogs, journals, and photography sites. It incorporates a logo uploader, online networking symbols, and remarks display controls, search bar, and premium designs.
Its design is appropriate for both photographers and graphic designers due to its great looking central focus that incorporates both image and description.
Bonus #1: Accelerate
Accelerate is a versatile, simple WordPress theme designed to allow for ease of use. It employs a bit of craftsmanship that will give your site a superior feel and look.
It has three menu areas: primary menu, footer menu, and header menu – fitting for all blog designs. It can be utilized for a business blog, portfolio, corporate, business service and any other types of sites.
Bonus #2: HarmonUX Core
HarmonUX Core is WordPress theme configured following the idea of present SEO and UX optimization. It has a theme customizer that allows you to alter a variety of aspects of your subject so as to adapt it to your requirements.
Furthermore, it enables you to change colors, update the logo, adjust all settings, and see your preview in real-time prior to saving it.
(This guest post is written by K Bharath for Hongkiat.com. Bharath is a design-inspired freak and avid learner of web design.)
Bonus #3: Customizr
Customizr is a flexible and easy-to-customize WordPress theme. It instantly gives an expert look to your online presence. It permits anyone to develop an appealing and mobile cordial site that is compatible with all gadgets and browsers.
It works well with the principal WordPress modules such as bbPress, JetPack, and WooCommerce, just to mention a few. Furthermore, it’s a reliable and safe design choice for publishing content.