There are times when, in spite of the best laid plans and preparations, the ability to meet a client’s deadline suddenly becomes a challenge. One challenge at best and an impossibility at worst. Fires, floods, illnesses, or other things beyond your control could be the obstacle. We’re really talking about preventable situations. It can be not having the right tools or design resources to complete a critical task.
For example, a design tool or resource has never failed you in the past. Now, it might not be up to providing a satisfactory solution to a unique requirement or specification a client has placed in your lap.
Even long-time favorites can fail. There are usually new candidates on the market, and you will be best served by making the best choices you possibly can.
Any of the following top 15 tools and resources for designers and agencies could be an excellent choice for you. Use them if you want to put wide smiles on the faces of your viewers and clients.
1. Be Theme
“Multipurpose theme” barely describes what BeTheme can help a web designer accomplish. Every one of its 40+ core features has something important to offer, and its 200,000+ sales to date also attests to the usefulness and popularity this WordPress theme enjoys.
- BeTheme’s Muffin Builder, when used with Be’s other core features, makes creating a website quick, easy, and a coding-free adventure.
- Be’s Admin Panel and Shortcode Generator make it an authentic “if you can think of it you can build it” toolkit by giving its users all the flexibility they need
- The star of the show has to be BeTheme’s 600+ customizable pre-built websites. These professionally-crafted design aids cover 30 business sectors and all of the popular website styles and types. They also make it possible to get any project off to a rapid start. They are customizable, responsive, and cool UX features are embedded in them.
Click on the banner to check out the Be’s other core features and capabilities.
You can use Timezy to create your unique booking environment, after which you can easily integrate it into your website, or generate a nice looking booking page right away.
- Timezy will streamline and speed up your booking operation
- Clients and customers can book appointments 24/7 and receive real-time email notifications and reminders
- Timezy easily integrates with Zoom
- Employee assignments and schedules can be tracked and managed
- Vacation days and special days can be easily added for each employee
If you do not have your own website Timezy will provide you with a web page your clients can use to book appointments anytime from anywhere.
Timezy is still in an early launch phase, you can sign up for the Early Bird plan for $5. If you would like to contribute feedback to the developers this is a unique opportunity to do so.
wpDataTables is the top-selling WordPress table and chart-building plugin on the market. There are plenty of other good ones, but your options quickly become limited as you go down the list of what wpDataTables can do for you that most of the others cannot.
The list includes the following features and capabilities:
- The ability to create tables and charts that are responsive and interactive
- The ability to create tables and charts that are frontend editable and easily maintainable
- The ability to process thousands upon thousands of rows of data in various formats and from various sources in seconds or minutes
- The ability to process real-time (e.g., MySQL data)
With wpDataTables at your fingertips you can also highlight or color code key information in your tables and charts.
Click on the banner to learn more.
Amelia is an easy to use WordPress booking plugin for managing appointments and events on a single platform.
- Customers can book and pay for appointments and events online 24/7
- Employees and customers have their own front-end dashboards to manage meetings, appointments, and events
- You can host online events and schedule appointments for training or consultation with Zoom integration
Amelia saves time for businesses and customers alike and can serve multiple business locations, unlimited employees and services.
This multiuse creative WordPress theme is one of ThemeForest’s all-time best sellers, having logged over 80.000 sales to date.
- With Uncode’s Dynamic Content you can create custom layouts and designs that can be used as templates for category pages;
- Uncode’s introduces the WooCommerce Single Product Builder, custom Checkout, Cart, and My Account;
Uncode also has a growing library of tutorial videos plus a showcase of user-created websites that is well worth viewing.
Your time is important, so it’s essential that you invest in the right tools for designers. LayerSlider offers you a way to quickly and easily give your site new life that will certainly impress your visitors.
- It’s perfect for creating animations and engaging content
- The popup feature opens up new ways to interact with visitors
- It’s all drag and drop; no coding is necessary
LayerSlider has been a favorite among web designers for the better part of a decade and can claim millions of active monthly users.
Dr. Link Check saves you the time and trouble of having to manually search your site for links that need to be repaired or removed.
This useful tool checks for:
- Broken links including improper URL formatting
- Blacklisted links that may host malicious content
- Placeholder sites that do not contain any valuable content
Dr. Link Check can provide downloadable reports on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
Mobirise is not only one of the best tools for creating fast, responsive, user friendly websites, it also has the advantage of being an offline website builder; plus, it is free.
Three factors that contribute to Mobirise’s performance:
- The Google Amp and Bootstrap 4 frameworks
- Cool selections of Website Templates, Sliders, Popups, and eCommerce features
- Everything is drag and drop, eliminating the need for coding
Click on the banner to download your copy.
Any website builder that is free, fast, easy to use, mobile optimized, and Google friendly is certainly worth looking into, but there’s even more to 8b than that.
8b is a brand new website builder that:
- Allows you to create websites on any device whether you’re at home or on the go
- Provides quick-start templates and website sections
- Offers fast Google ranking
Download a copy and host it wherever you want to.
Designed to be the perfect WordPress website building theme, Total is nevertheless extremely user friendly.
- Total’s flexibility allows its users to create any type of website
- The WPBakery page builder is complemented with a selection of custom modules
- Total is Translation and RTL ready and WooCommerce is supported
- Total is developer friendly
Click on the banner to learn more about this drag and drop website building theme.
Litho is a Bootstrap 4 responsive multipurpose HTML5 template that gives startups, design agencies, and other businesses a perfect website-building starting point.
Litho’s repertoire of features include:
- Ready-made home pages and template blocks
- Inner pages and page styles for portfolio, blogging, and shop websites
- Sliders, banners, forms, and other creative elements
Litho provides excellent documentation and 5-star professional support.
The XStore WooCommerce theme puts at your fingertips what may be the best tool for anyone looking for the fastest and easiest way to create a high-performance eCommerce website; and for just $39.
The package includes:
- More than 100 customizable good-to-go shops
- Over $500 in premium WordPress plugins
- A Single Product builder and a Header builder
The GOODIE web development service assists those who need to get a website reliably coded and quickly up and running.
The services GOODIE provides are ideal for:
- Web designers looking for a development partner
- Startups seeking ways to test their business ideas and concepts
- Small businesses wanting to establish an online presence or enhance an existing one
GOODIE specializes in small, WordPress, and eCommerce websites.
14. Heroic Inbox
There are three important reasons for letting Heroic Inbox manage your business’s sales, customer support, or other departmental email inboxes.
- Promotes staff collaboration on email assignments and responses
- Helps staffs attain and maintain Inbox Zero status
- tracks key metrics to better evaluate team performance
Two key Heroic Inbox features are its smart workflows and its fast and friendly UI.
WhatFontIs, with its database of more than 700K commercial and free fonts and font-finding AI capabilities tops the list of tools that enable you to identify fonts from uploaded images.
This font-finding tool:
- Identifies an uploaded font 90% of the time (low quality images account for most of the remaining 10%)
- Provides answers in seconds
- Can identify cursive fonts if the letters have been separated
- Shows 60+ similar or related fonts for every uploaded image
Every web designer has a trusted toolbox of industry tips and tricks they use in their projects. Even if the toolbox is superbly stocked it can be difficult to stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest web design tools and resources. And…you need to do to stay abreast of industry demands.
This article features the best available 15 Tools & Resources for Designers and Agencies for 2021. Choosing one or more of them can help you stay on top of your design game and could also make your day.