About a month ago, Steve Job announced a range of new products in the Apple’s “The Beat Goes On” conference and introduced iPod Touch in the last session of the conference. The gadget accepts international order and starts shipping 28th September.
I ordered 2 units immediately the next day after the conference (one for cely one for me), received them separately on the 29th and 30th.
Application that comes with iPod Touch
- Safari browser – Allows you to get online wherever Wifi is available.
- Youtube – One click to watch Youtube videos with selections of Featured, Most Viewed, Bookmarks. Search function provided.
- Calender – Set and organized your schedule. Sync-able with Mac’s iCal.
- Contacts – Keep a record of your friend’s contact details like cell phone no, address, e-mails, websites, notes, etc. Sync-able with Mac’s Phonebook.
- Clock – Allows multiple addition of world clock from different location. Also comes with alarm, stopwatch and timer.
- Calculator – Typical non-scientific calculator.
iPod Touch box comes with
- an iPod (duh!)
- USB Cable
- Stand converter
- Plastic iPod stand
- Manuals and 2 Apple logo stickers
iPod Touch is awesome, it’s basically an iPhone without the phone-calling functions. It have all the multi-touch, album flipping thingy Apple has demo’ed on iPhone. It is also has Wifi build-in so you can launch up your Safari browser on your iPod Touch and start getting online.
The back of the iPod with chrome silver surface is a major turn off, in my opinion. It is easy scratch-able and finger prints marks can be all over it.